Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1473101527.531052.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1473101564.318139.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1473101616.070122.jpg

One of my favorite Angels in my collection; courtesy of Jordan at Among the Reef. The Scribble Peel
That's a gem!

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliment! Other than the one that 'Digiman' from Singapore had, this is the only other "ultra hybrid"one I've personally ever seen. I would recommend you email Jordan to help you find one next time one comes available.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been debating for over 6 months on whether I should add this one to my SPS reef or not, has been with SPS before and didn't do any damage but......
While I haven't seen queens with sps, I have seen other large angels, such as emperor, majestic, scribbled, goldflake, and regals with sps without issue.

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I haven't seen queens with sps, I have seen other large angels, such as emperor, majestic, scribbled, goldflake, and regals with sps without issue.
See my earlier photos to see my other angels. I have actually had an adult queen with SPS and clams before with no problems, more worried about aggression and the size of this beast than anything. I have kept all of these large angels in an SPS reef without problems for the corals: Chrysurus, Navarchus, Imperator, Asfur, Blue Face, Cream, Goldflake, Blueline, Spotted, and Regal. IME they are also safe with closed brain type corals as well that are not that fleshy ie Playgyra, Favites, and Favia.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful angels!

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiyaiyai!!!
I shouldn't have opened this thread!

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See my earlier photos to see my other angels. I have actually had an adult queen with SPS and clams before with no problems, more worried about aggression and the size of this beast than anything. I have kept all of these large angels in an SPS reef without problems for the corals: Chrysurus, Navarchus, Imperator, Asfur, Blue Face, Cream, Goldflake, Blueline, Spotted, and Regal. IME they are also safe with closed brain type corals as well that are not that fleshy ie Playgyra, Favites, and Favia.

I'm really amazed at that queen angel, one of my favorite angels. I have always wanted to have one but really scared about their reputation in reef aquaria. I agree with you in that most large angels keep along pretty well with SPS. I have a blue face, a regal and a trimaculatus and they behave as model citizens.

My tank is pretty crowded now so as to support such a large angel like a queen but I'm very glad to know that you may keep her with SPS and clams.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet fish!

ironeagle2006

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most Large angels like zoas as their coral of choice along with sponges. I had a LFS now closed near me that got in live sponges and sold them as food. You should have seen my angels at the time I had a Emperor Koran and Queen go nuts I was going thru about 2 a month from this guy. However he was the only place that carried Rods Food at the time along with Bulk nori sheets so I was over there every 2 weeks anyway for food.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back