Cool pic of my Conspic.

IMG_1891.JPG

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a gorgeous male yellow belly regal, a beautiful female grey belly regal, a male coral beauty, and a trio of multibanded angels yesterday for $150 on a black Friday special at my LFS. All fish were buy one get one free.

IMG_20161125_214630893.jpg

IMG_20161125_214405877.jpg

IMG_20161125_214232994.jpg

IMG_20161125_213601127.jpg

d-man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice vid of 2personatus and a juvenile bandit. Definitely Karen's broodstock for sure

d-man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Joc, and Brunneus...and Rosefascia. I have them in my tank as well along with 25 others. At moment the Joc is my only angel but I have a few in QT at moment

falconut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an awesome pickup. I think around me, just 1 regal would be close to double the price you paid for all. Good luck with them, they are beautiful fish.

Picked up a gorgeous male yellow belly regal, a beautiful female grey belly regal, a male coral beauty, and a trio of multibanded angels yesterday for $150 on a black Friday special at my LFS. All fish were buy one get one free.

IMG_20161125_214630893.jpg

IMG_20161125_214405877.jpg

IMG_20161125_214232994.jpg

IMG_20161125_213601127.jpg

coral reeftank

IG:crt_reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice Joc, and Brunneus...and Rosefascia. I have them in my tank as well along with 25 others. At moment the Joc is my only angel but I have a few in QT at moment
Thanks, I wish it was a Rosefascia, but it is a C. Jordani instead. They are one of my favorites. I need to get my wrasse collection back after I lost them all in a crash.

ecrumpler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow angel lovers. Looking for some stocking advice for my 125g FOWLR (6'). Current inhabitants are: female Genicanthus melanospilos, Centropyge multicolor, Tomini tang (Ctenochaetus tominiensis), Xanthichthys auromarginatus (Blue jaw trigger) and a single black clown; so 5 fish in the 125 currently.

I really want to add another angel, preferably from the Pomacanthus species. I realize that at maximum adult size this tank would be too small. Since I've never kept one, what is the realistic growth rate? I have no problem rehoming a fish and we will have a huge tank in our next house, but that is about two years off. Again rehoming is not a problem, but what are the odds this could work and for how long do you think? Any other suggestions on Angels? It seems some of the *smaller* of the large angels are also some of the most sensitive. I'm not looking to keep ultra difficult fish that have poor survival rates. I've already got an Genicanthus...Passer may be my favorite Pomacanthus, and supposedly one of the hardiest. Just worried about tank size.

Thanks for any advice!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow angel lovers. Looking for some stocking advice for my 125g FOWLR (6'). Current inhabitants are: female Genicanthus melanospilos, Centropyge multicolor, Tomini tang (Ctenochaetus tominiensis), Xanthichthys auromarginatus (Blue jaw trigger) and a single black clown; so 5 fish in the 125 currently.

I really want to add another angel, preferably from the Pomacanthus species. I realize that at maximum adult size this tank would be too small. Since I've never kept one, what is the realistic growth rate? I have no problem rehoming a fish and we will have a huge tank in our next house, but that is about two years off. Again rehoming is not a problem, but what are the odds this could work and for how long do you think? Any other suggestions on Angels? It seems some of the *smaller* of the large angels are also some of the most sensitive. I'm not looking to keep ultra difficult fish that have poor survival rates. I've already got an Genicanthus...Passer may be my favorite Pomacanthus, and supposedly one of the hardiest. Just worried about tank size.

Thanks for any advice!
A passer should be fine for a couple of years in that tank.

I have found flagfins to be reasonably hardy, and would live the entirety of it's life in a 125.

ecrumpler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply @eatbreakfast , a couple of years is more than enough time so maybe a Passer could be in my future.

I've always found the Flagfin to be a beautiful fish, but was concerned about dietary requirements. Of course this quote from Liveaquaria has kept me from them for years: "This is a difficult angelfish to keep due to its dietary requirement of sponges and its poor ability to adapt to other foods." –but this has not been your experience?

Thanks again...

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply @eatbreakfast , a couple of years is more than enough time so maybe a Passer could be in my future.

I've always found the Flagfin to be a beautiful fish, but was concerned about dietary requirements. Of course this quote from Liveaquaria has kept me from them for years: "This is a difficult angelfish to keep due to its dietary requirement of sponges and its poor ability to adapt to other foods." –but this has not been your experience?

Thanks again...
That has not been my experience. I've had them adapt fairly readily to offered foods.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That has not been my experience. I've had them adapt fairly readily to offered foods.

Thank you TJ for your time and the knowledge you share!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back