The Undecided Reef

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been a few years since I had a reef tank . My health went south after a virus attacked my heart. This left me very limited in doing the things I enjoy in life . Giving up my reef was one of those items . :(
I got the go to do a tank but it has to be limited in size due to water weight , etc . It has to be a Nano AIO type set up because when I stoop and bend and stand up I forget I am not the same and lose my balance .

Okay , enough of the woe me's . I call this the undecided reef because I would like some input on what might be the easiest to manage and I am undecided on what DT to get . I can get a blank slate tank and use HOB items or Tunze in tank filtration . The IM Nuvo Fusion 40 has my eye . The Nuvo 30 long is 36 inches wide but F2B is limited .
I did decide and strongly suggest to everyone to set up a QT tank and leave it running 24/7 if possible . There are way too pests and such out there and we all know we impulse buy . Dipping and placing it in your DT just doesn't cut the mustard anymore .
Sorry for the rambling .It's been a long time looking at everyone reefs and having a virtual one in my mind .
Here is what what I have picked up for the undecided reef .I want to thank God first as nothing happens without him .I am not religious but sorta spiritual in my own way . I have seen quite a few blessings with this build and I know I didn't do it myself .I want to say a shot out to PaulC, ,Rufryder750 , Saltwater addict and my long time friend TBDh20 for egging me on to do this . Tbdh20 sent me a MP40 as a get motivation gear . Rufryder750 gave me a lil CV protein skimmer for my QT tank . Saltwateraddict gave me a Tunze 9004 .PaulC is doing me a big favor copping and shipping high end gear to me from Mass to NC . I did touch base with Flipside who is working hard and going thru a few bumps in life . Kuya I am praying for you .

I will be back in a few to update this thread .
Thanks for looking

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to thank 2 other reef buddies. Coralreefnc and BrianE . BrianE thanks for offering to weld me two steel light mounts . The light mount is still undecided just like my DT .. :)

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a bit to upload and resize photo's but here we go .

Got in some salt . Don't mind the rice . Sorry about that . I am half Japanese so I don't do Uncle Ben's

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked to Chris Conti @ CV last week and next thing u know this shows up on my doorstep .

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be my QT tank . I was lucky to get this one without the light . Luke @ PA said only 2 were left .
The box was packaged well . No football action here .

Last edited:
OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All pics are with an older model phone camera .
I sold all my equipment and donated a lot so I am literally starting from scratch .
Some of the contents of the boxes .

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a gift card so I went ahead and ordered this and a buddy dropped off this lil skimmer . I had the gloves on hand already
I will play with to see if I can get it to work .

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT is up and running after Saltwateraddict and Rufryder750 hauled some ro/di water over to help . Had to move the bracket on my old Sunbrite Slim S led . (only gear I kept ) . Remote is shot and a fellow reefer offered to try to clone theirs for me . I never got around to ordering . I had to go out of town for a month +. I had the Tunze 9004 in there for giggles but quicky removed it . Skimmer's and Dr.Tim's one and only don't work out to well.

I already cut a bigger board and painted it white so the tank has full support . I am just too lazy to take a pic after all this resizing and pic uploads .

Front view

Skimmer removed .

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again please read the long initial post and share your thoughts on what DT to get . I need some input please .

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking Good Mr. P.. You know I'm no good for suggestions. Still think u being a techy, u could do another 80 and figure out a AWC system.

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe Mr.P ..
I just don't know ..I am a weeble and I wobble .The bad part this weeble falls down ..:) . I will chew on the suggestion .
Deep Blue Professional doesn't use the same cabinet maker anymore . They have gone to a Series V and it looks worse than the models they had in the past . They also were bought out by Phillipspet ..
More packages showed up today . I already know one is the get wet motivation gear Tbdh20 sent . It's a Mp40 .
Thanks TbdH20 ..

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other box was a pure flow frag rack for the QT tank . Came just in time . It's 7 x 7 and holds 36 stem type frag plugs .

side shot

I won't say what's in this box yet . I apologize have a quirk about being aloof . So tbdh20 I apologize .

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unpacked a few boxes last night . Here are some of the contents .
3 Eheim tru temp heaters, Pohlx xtra , Coral Rx conc, Real Maxi Jet 1200 for the QT but being used to circulate live rock bin . Tunze care magnet long , Tunze Nano Osmo,
Chemiclean for z's n p's , Intank Media box for the QT , and two lcd digital thermo's

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks,
George n Barb . Just the QT tank and live rock bin running atm .
Its MEM weekend may pull the trigger and sae 10 % on DT

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back