This is a Pink Clam

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently came across this picture and... IDK I'm kinda lost for words. Anyone ever seen one like this before? The pic is an older one apparently from some german site.

90dc5fe1.jpg

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure it is real. I have personally seen one at an old LFS that is out of business now. It was 2.5" and they were asking $300 for it, too much for my likings. I have seen a few of them pop up from time to time and it seems that the wholesalers tend to hold on to them and release them right around Valentines day. It has been about 3 years since I have seen one though.

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:cry: That should be in my tank!!!

Madreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure it is real. I have personally seen one at an old LFS that is out of business now. It was 2.5" and they were asking $300 for it, too much for my likings. I have seen a few of them pop up from time to time and it seems that the wholesalers tend to hold on to them and release them right around Valentines day. It has been about 3 years since I have seen one though.

What makes you think they hold onto clams till a holiday?

Madreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say "they" are you just referring to all wholesalers or one specifically? I understand some are different than others, but I know of a few that might hold onto stuff until they have a buyer, but none that hold onto something for a holiday.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back