Tips and Tricks on Creating Amazing Aquascapes.

Fish_BowLisha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know what you guys/gals think of my 125

20161129_141603.jpg

Very nice!
IMG_1816.JPG

I may be a little bias since that is basically the same design I have in my tank[emoji6]
(Narrow night vision pic)

Fish_BowLisha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been letting it grow out this year since I had a tang age out and a torch fail to thrive. I gave the system a break;-) my set up seems happy with Nemo and a coral beauty. There are two giant turbo [emoji222] two large nasaarius, 3 small. 4 blue legged over 4 years old (!?!) a striped brittle star the pictured hairy mushrooms that memo likes to host, too many Xenia, a elephant ear frag, a trumpet coral frag only two polyps, and my pride and joy a [emoji375] coral.

Fish_BowLisha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been letting it grow out this year since I had a tang age out and a torch fail to thrive. I gave the system a break;-) my set up seems happy with Nemo and a coral beauty. There are two giant turbo [emoji222] two large nasaarius, 3 small. 4 blue legged over 4 years old (!?!) a striped brittle star the pictured hairy mushrooms that memo likes to host, too many Xenia, a elephant ear frag, a trumpet coral frag only two polyps, and my pride and joy a [emoji375] coral.

IMG_2174.JPG

Fish_BowLisha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Three large heads from two in under a year. I'm a full time student and part time employee so time is limited lately. But next week finals are over and I'm attempting this bad boy! 10 years in the hobby I think it's about time to try an NPS. Oh and a blue linkia star is in the works also. Have you had either? I'm curious as what to expect from both in terms of things to look for as far as health/happiness.
IMG_2173.JPG

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sigh. Here is what I ended up with. Somehow my "virtual tank" layout got shifted--cats probably--so it was larger than the tank! Had to redo in the tank. Here is what I have n ow. The large piece in the left corner is going to be replaced I think with a smaller hunk of pukani as I think i need more sand bed exposed. Might also take out the last smaller rock on the end, though I like the way the reef comes down to the sand level. My husband thinks if I keep the big piece, it should be turned right side up but I like the way it points to the main reef. So my delima is whether to remove it and use smaller, and or to take one small end piece off main reef to get more exposed sand.
20161211_194659_zpsm15rmqhr.jpg

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so happy to know my time writing this has paid off. I've been wanting to do this for a long time now and decided to just do it. lol.

Also to add:

I firmly believe that the same rules apply to any size tank. The only difference is going to be scale. Instead of huge rocks break them up to create a smaller version of the beautiful reef tanks you see. There's other things to try to still get that "look" In a cube the issue is theres not enough length to do multiple structures. Thats when you only do one. Rule of thirds still applies but only use one intersected point instead of two.

aquascape2_zpsfa8661c3.jpg

Here is a great example. It is only on one point with one main structure. notice the movement and shapes of the rocks. Great play with shadows and highlights. If you look at the one structure they still managed to hit two intersecting points. Thats what makes this look go good to the eye. Make sure to "taper" off the structure for that same Depth of field you need to aim for, also for maximum coral space :)
Awesome thread !! I Will also be refering too this when i do my next build in the next few weeks !!!

Charley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the barnacles. Wish I could find more. Very hard to find where I'm at.

Thanks ! Barnacles are tough to find especially at LFS. I go mine thru various online vendors that sell them. I think barnacles are natural homes for some blennies one of my favorites. They certainly do like making the barnacles their home from when I witnessed them in my 29 gal bio cube

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice aquascapes!

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a couple from my reefer 250 build, appreciate any input.I still have some rocks with some favia and zoanthids in a holding tank to be added later..
2016-12-26%2018.16.30.jpg
20161226_174316.jpg
20161226_174246.jpg
20161226_174255.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back