• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

True mystery tye dye shrooms FS

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm getting tons of requests for shipping and I really do want to accommodate peeps but I just have had terrible luck with shipping (I mean things getting shipped to me-I have never shipped before personally). My biggest concern is taking a perfectly healthy coral out of my tank and shippjng it and if it dies for any reason I have to warranty it with another perfectly good piece of refund someone the money and it's just a loss for me. I kno shrooms a pretty hardy so shipping may not be an issue but I wouldn't garantee it so if anybody wants to have something shipped and YOU take your chances then I would consider it (still don't prefer to ship tho. I would take the utmost of care I'm attempting to ship cause I really would t want anybody to lose a piece-I've had that happen too many times to me and it's always the high end stuff that seems to be most sensitive-lol)

I think you should stick with your gut feeling. If you dont like shipping and loosing a coral means a loss you don't like to cover then I think it's better you make a local sale.

jason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any babies left? If your going to the BAR swap I'll grab one. Unless you some how come to santa rosa (long shot). Thanks

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry don't get back at yA sooner. I been going back and forth in the shipping so I been mullin it over for a bit. Would really
Prefer that my first attempt at shipping not be with a $500 piece of coral. I'm still thinking about it but as I stated above I previous post the risk is yours if I ship

jaybk5211

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in buying it but would not take a $500 loss if it didn't make it. There would have to be credit given or something.

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be your guinea pig if you'd be willing to ship me a baby.
Only thing I would ask to be guaranteed is proper packaging and an agreed upon day with the best weather available?

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in buying it but would not take a $500 loss if it didn't make it. There would have to be credit given or something.

thats why i said i did not want to ship to begin with-i dont want to lose a $500 piece if it doesnt arrive alive for ANY reason, when ive had it in my tank for nearly a year and a half and its thriving. this will be a pick up only item

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be your guinea pig if you'd be willing to ship me a baby.
Only thing I would ask to be guaranteed is proper packaging and an agreed upon day with the best weather available?

lemme think about it bro. i would def want to make sure weather and day was optimal before committing to ship. appreciate your bravery-lol. right now the weather here in sacramento california will be 104 degrees today and blistering all week long so shipping out this week would be waaay to risky anyway. i have a couple things coming this week from 2 vendors and i will be reaching out to them both today and request that they hang on to the corals for another week and see how the temp looks next week

wish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lemme think about it bro. i would def want to make sure weather and day was optimal before committing to ship. appreciate your bravery-lol. right now the weather here in sacramento california will be 104 degrees today and blistering all week long so shipping out this week would be waaay to risky anyway. i have a couple things coming this week from 2 vendors and i will be reaching out to them both today and request that they hang on to the corals for another week and see how the temp looks next week

Shipping to you
You should also find a FedEx. Station to pick up your box since it would be in mid 70's at 10:30am
Pick up.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Best way to ship is to drop of at the nearest hub as close to the cutoff time as possible.

Also the coral should be hold at fedex location.

This way it dosent spend any time in the van or truck driving around city.

I have never shipped but recieved 150 plus boxes of corals.

I can say I have lost only 2 or 3 at most due to shipping.

So it's not a science.

jaybk5211

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping isn't an issue if packaged well and held at a facility, that way there's no delay. Especially with hearty corals like shrooms, now sps may be different. I ship and get shipments weekly and only once had Doa.

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weekend bump-last chance for local pickup. If no local taker this go around I will just sit on the mama and harvest the babies to sell. I want to thank the peeps that displayed tremendous bravery for accepting no warranty and taking a chance on DOA. But in the spirit of treating people like I would want to be treated, I just can't in good conscious sell u something without a gaurantee like nearly everyone else on here offers so I have to stick with pick up only until I ship a few smaller less expensive items to learn the ropes-sorry to upset anyone who was hoping I would ship but again, I would rather upset someone for not shipping as opposed to someone potentially losing money and being financially hurt by me.
Update pic

OP
OP
nelson.jdautobody

nelson.jdautobody

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Not 100% positive yet but looks like this area is starting to get a green spec over the last couple weeks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back