Trying Out Dad's Other Hobby. What Does Everyone Else Do For Fun?

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish is in my blood!

IMG_0898.JPG
Full circle huh!? Have you ever put anything in your tank that you caught? Back when I was solely into freshwater I saw some little fish swimming around in a drainage ditch that I really wanted to add to my guppy tank. I had just beaten a camallanus worm breakout though so I decided it was best to not be introducing anything unknown... ha ha, back before I had any idea about what a quarantine was.

blueface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full circle huh!? Have you ever put anything in your tank that you caught? Back when I was solely into freshwater I saw some little fish swimming around in a drainage ditch that I really wanted to add to my guppy tank. I had just beaten a camallanus worm breakout though so I decided it was best to not be introducing anything unknown... ha ha, back before I had any idea about what a quarantine was.
Did that when I was a little kid. Had a few baby largemouth bass & bluegills.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love fishing as well and being on the water in my boat in general.

Australian threadfin salmon.
IMG_0574.JPG

Australian impoundment barramundi.
IMG_0045.JPG
Those are some good looking fish! Do you have any mounted?

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apart from my reef addiction I love to ski and play football. Real football that is, not that weird game you call football where you throw an egg about[emoji6]
I see what you did there :) where's your favorite place to ski?

Harris3005

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see what you did there :) where's your favorite place to ski?

Haha! I'm 29 miles from the Cairngorms so that's my "local" slopes but my favourite place is Zell am See in Austria! One day, if I can ever afford it, my dream destination is Breckenridge!

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! I'm 29 miles from the Cairngorms so that's my "local" slopes but my favourite place is Zell am See in Austria! One day, if I can ever afford it, my dream destination is Breckenridge!
Well, thanks for the Google homework to find out where all these places are... except Austria, I know where that is :)

EDIT: Wow. They all look amazing, but Breckenridge looks like it was made specifically for the purpose of sliding down.

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woodworking and home remodeling for me. Have gotten into building some furniture and currently working on bringing my new house up to date from the 90's.
before and after of kitchen remodel and last summer's project 12x16 shed thumbnail_IMG_0149.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1336.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0709.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woodworking and home remodeling for me. Have gotten into building some furniture and currently working on bringing my new house up to date from the 90's.
Ah good ole' wood working... always loved it, never been any good at it. Which is a surprising shame due to the fact that my dad was a general contractor for 30 some odd years and I spent a lot of my childhood and into my teens on construction sites, my step-dad works for a cabinet manufacturing company and is pretty handy himself, and my best friends' dad growing up built furniture from massive slices of tree trunks and whatnot. Been around it my entire life, but I can't cut a straight line through a piece of wood to save my life...

Double J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah good ole' wood working... always loved it, never been any good at it. Which is a surprising shame due to the fact that my dad was a general contractor for 30 some odd years and I spent a lot of my childhood and into my teens on construction sites, my step-dad works for a cabinet manufacturing company and is pretty handy himself, and my best friends' dad growing up built furniture from massive slices of tree trunks and whatnot. Been around it my entire life, but I can't cut a straight line through a piece of wood to save my life...
I learned from my grandpa and alot of trial and error. The furniture side is alot of fun, but can be frustrating as well.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RC JEEPS. OFF-ROAD Jeeping, PC Gaming, My Kids,
I've seen some pretty sweet, and chilling, videos of jeeps rock climbing (I'm assuming that's what RC stands for. Or is it remote control?). I also enjoy gaming, though most of my spare time is filled with tank things :)

I learned from my grandpa and alot of trial and error. The furniture side is alot of fun, but can be frustrating as well.
Lol I'd love to try furniture... as long as it was just for looks. If not I'd have to have a stack a waivers nearby for anyone wanting to use it!

Gomery12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen some pretty sweet, and chilling, videos of jeeps rock climbing (I'm assuming that's what RC stands for. Or is it remote control?). I also enjoy gaming, though most of my spare time is filled with tank things :)
I do rock climbing with my Jeep and the RC is remote control, which I also do rock climbing with them!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back