Tunze 9001 Troubleshoot Microbubbles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nstd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a month and I'm still getting microbubbles from the middle of the skimmer. Is this normal? How can I fix it?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am unable to see any bubbles in the video? There are no openings in the middle, bubbles would either come from the top or the bottom. Typically bubbles are caused by the skimmer being submerged too deep and the air being closed off to much. The marked water line should be regarded as a maximum and may be up to 1" below that. The air should be open as much as possible, the least bubbles will be present in the default recirculating mode the skimmer was delivered in with the blue bubble trap sponge with the hole in place around the strainer of the pump in the outlet diffuser.

OP
OP
N

nstd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am unable to see any bubbles in the video? There are no openings in the middle, bubbles would either come from the top or the bottom. Typically bubbles are caused by the skimmer being submerged too deep and the air being closed off to much. The marked water line should be regarded as a maximum and may be up to 1" below that. The air should be open as much as possible, the least bubbles will be present in the default recirculating mode the skimmer was delivered in with the blue bubble trap sponge with the hole in place around the strainer of the pump in the outlet diffuser.
20170123_083129.png

The bubbles do not show up well in the video but they are visible in person.

I cant find the water level. And when i open up the valve the skimmer floods. When i lift the skimmer out of the water slightly it starts to gurgle.

Please help.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, for the 9004, the correct depth is so 1/4- 1/2 of the front intake is submerged, this model has a seam, some bubbles could exit from the seam, if the depth is correct, try squeezing the front and back halves together to make sure they are snug.

ejalimagno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let it run. I had bubbles with my im ghost for almlst 2mos. I figure the more i mess eith it the longer it takes for the slime coat to develop. The slime seals the skimmer

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While that is true, I wouldn't expect that to take more than a few weeks if the skimmer is left alone (not opened or cleaned).

FishGuyBri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While that is true, I wouldn't expect that to take more than a few weeks if the skimmer is left alone (not opened or cleaned).

My reef octo is still spewing micros after two weeks despite multiple level changes and settings... :-( just about fed up and ready to scrap it

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef Octo is distibuted by Coralvue I believe? This is the Tunze forum.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back