Tunze ATO nano help!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a couple questions about the Tunze ATO .I just recived it from BRS today, I would like to know if when you receive this brand new is the box srinked warp with plastic like the ecotech boxes? Also on the float switch is there Suppose to be a crack in it? The reason why I am asking is cause it look like this is not brand new AT ALL, there is scotch tape around the bubble wrap with hair and dirt in it and a lot of the peices in the box have dirt on it. So I am looking for some help I am new to the hobby and this is my very first build so I don't know what is normal or not normal. Someone please help!!!!

OP
OP
Reef man 89

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg

DereksReef77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up 2 of the tunze nano ato's yesterday. Both boxes had no shrink wrap on them and tape on interior items with bubble wrap. The float valves on my units are the same as yours with what appears as a crack but I'm sure is just the way the mold was designed in the engineering process. Same packaging as yours but the smoked clear cover you posted should not have a hairline crack in it.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not a crack in the float, it is a C clip, it is removable to remove the float for cleaning. The housing is cracked. The boxes are not sealed, our products are made in Germany, in the EU you pay a tax as a manufacture up front for the amount of trash produced, for that reason packaging is generally minimal as the full cost of disposal is paid to the EU by the manufacturer and this is passed on in the product cost. The components are packed by hand, there is generally a piece of tape that holds the bubble wrap bag closed on the power supply, it is not unfeasible that some dust or dirt got on it in packing. The plastic housing seems to have some dust from biodegradable peanuts on it and I suspect that is most of the dirt, they do use cornstarch based packing chips in the shipments and they tend to make a lot of dust. I am happy to replace the cracked float housing, I just need your address.

OP
OP
Reef man 89

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not a crack in the float, it is a C clip, it is removable to remove the float for cleaning. The housing is cracked. The boxes are not sealed, our products are made in Germany, in the EU you pay a tax as a manufacture up front for the amount of trash produced, for that reason packaging is generally minimal as the full cost of disposal is paid to the EU by the manufacturer and this is passed on in the product cost. The components are packed by hand, there is generally a piece of tape that holds the bubble wrap bag closed on the power supply, it is not unfeasible that some dust or dirt got on it in packing. The plastic housing seems to have some dust from biodegradable peanuts on it and I suspect that is most of the dirt, they do use cornstarch based packing chips in the shipments and they tend to make a lot of dust. I am happy to replace the cracked float housing, I just need your address.
Thank you for ur help with everything and helping me understand the packaging process, the crack case I talked to BRS about it and they will send me a replacement as well, now I have the ATO on a Nuvo 40 AIO and the ATO is working great turns off and on as it should I am very happy with this product. But I am confused on how the jumper process works with the size of the aquarium it's on. Being that I have it on a Nuvo 40 gallon should I move the jumper or leave it how it is? Hoping that you can help me understand how that works would be greatly appreciated.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The jumper sets the safety timer. Once the pump kicks on a timer starts counting down, 1.8 minutes is the default, if the float does not rise before the time out it permanently shuts down until the power is cycled, the pump pulses once every 20 seconds or so as an alarm to indicate this shut down. 3 minutes is the optional setting for bigger tanks. As long as the float rises within the time limit it is reset for the next run cycle. This is a safety in case the float sticks but must be set to allow enough time for your tank to fill.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The jumper sets the safety timer. Once the pump kicks on a timer starts counting down, 1.8 minutes is the default, if the float does not rise before the time out it permanently shuts down until the power is cycled, the pump pulses once every 20 seconds or so as an alarm to indicate this shut down. 3 minutes is the optional setting for bigger tanks. As long as the float rises within the time limit it is reset for the next run cycle. This is a safety in case the float sticks but must be set to allow enough time for your tank to fill.

Hi,
Regarding the Jumper, is it necessary to have one on for the Controller to operate?
I bought a used 3125 unit off of someone and the jumper is missing; the pump quits after about a second when I tried it out.
Thanks.

IMG_4640.JPG

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With no jumper the timer is 3 minutes, it is only installed on one pin for safe keeping so it can be reinstalled later, a very short pump run usually indicates a bad pump. The pump is causing an overload so it turns off.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back