RMS18

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 7 Update:
So I'm about to leave for the weekend and tried feeding him again not expecting much. To my surprise I caught the little guy swimming around chasing the brine! I have never seen him do that before. He usually will only eat a piece or two if I squirt it near him. This is great news and I feel better about leaving him. I am going to feed him now until he stops eating hoping I can fill his belly up. I think the water change and carbon helped a lot as the meds might have been affecting him.

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like he survived the weekend! Congratulations!!!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So awesome to see! What a great story and ending :D I'm so glad you shared this with us.

OP
OP
RMS18

RMS18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So awesome to see! What a great story and ending :D I'm so glad you shared this with us.
Very happy to share, like I said maybe this will help someone. I'll keep posting (probably not everyday) till he goes into the dt. I am going to keep him in the qt for 2-3 weeks more.

OP
OP
RMS18

RMS18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 12 Update:

The little guy is still doing good, next time I video him I will try to set up my phone closer so you can see him up close. I think by thanksgiving he will be ready to go into the dt. Yesterday I made some changes to the dt by adding a CPR Aquafuge 2, so I moved the tunze 9001 and heater into the fuge and tossed the canister filter, so the fish are a bit stressed as they lost some of their hiding places. Plus the current is different as well, I want them to get comfortable before I add this guy.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just awesome! :) When you battle fish diseases, you are going to inevitably suffer losses. But getting a "win" like this can really help you to not get discouraged over the long run.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job and documentation! Thank you for sharing!

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is amazing. I've lost a couple fish from swim bladder issues. Kudos to you for all the time and effort you put into this to save this little guy. Thank you for all the documentation as well. I'll certainly be looking for this thread if I ever have a fish with this issue again. I think it's more common than people think. I've lost a mccoskers wrasse and 2 radiant wrasse to this. The mccoskers actually lived for about 6 months swimming all messed up like that. I tried every antibiotic I could get my hands on.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back