Video: 20,000g Reef

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New video is finally uploaded, and I'm glad I got it done at last. This is a 20000g reef that has been running for 15 years. Joe Yaiullo has been tending to it, making sure it stays healthy and happy since its inception. He was interviewed so you could learn how he does it. This is a one hour video, so heads up. ;)

Saltwaterwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was awesome to watch, I told my 7 year old we will pay a visit since we live close [emoji3] thanks melev[emoji106]

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will have a great time. I have a bunch of footage of the rest of the place, but don't know if it's a good upload for my channel.

BkReefBaby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
this was a great video!!! loved the behind the scenes....I live in NY so ive been to this aquarium a few times, this video just made me appreciate it more, thanks!

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Done!!! Melev. and Well Done!!! Joe. What a great well spoken video of a great tank.

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so glad you guys are liking it. I started editing a while back, but I'm my own worst critic. I got very busy with work and it has to be put on hold, and I knew it would take two solid hours to finish editing. Well, yesterday I made myself tackle this overdue project, and the more I worked on it the better I liked it. I got excited. So here are some stats:

• It took a total of 10 hours of editing to get it ready to compile.
  • 45 minutes to export a 9 gig file (that's massive compared to previous videos)
  • 4.5 hours to upload it to Youtube
Very glad it is done and off my To Do list. :)

justaDutchguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A joy to watch! Very well done.. And a very welcome video after i feel like i've seen every good reef related video on youtube, but I probably didn't

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Marc. Joe actually spoke at our local clubs' reef conference last year. Great guy and great presentation. Amazing setup and I'd love to make it up there at some point to see it in person. Great video.

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad y'all are enjoying this as much as I'd hoped. :)

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Job Marc let's everyone visit the tank from their home.:) I don't travel to NY that much and when I do I have never had the free time to go see the tank as much as I would like too.

Flashy Fins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched it last night after crawling in bed, and today I overslept. Worth it! It doesn't feel like an hour when you're watching, because it's so intriguing. What a treat for those of us who've not seen this tank in person. Of course, now I really want to go! Must plan a trip sometime.

Slim_Okrug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir for sharing this amazing video. Also tanks to owner for letting you film this, specially overtank. Jawdroping. Any inputs on how many KH,Mg and Ca that tank consumes on daily basis ?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazing video @melev! Thank you for sharing it!

I would love to get Joe Yaiullo over here to talk about the reef and anything else he wants to discuss!

OP
OP
melev

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir for sharing this amazing video. Also tanks to owner for letting you film this, specially overtank. Jawdroping. Any inputs on how many KH,Mg and Ca that tank consumes on daily basis ?

If dosing 55-gallons of kalkwasser every 30 hours isn't noteworthy, any other numbers would be pointless. lol Using large reactors, the key additives are added around the clock. He did indicate that he uses maybe 10-gallons of Strontium per year.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back