0   0   0
2016-08-07 18.32.32.jpg

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my long tentacle plate. It gets huge when lights are on. My favorite coral in my tank

I love the helios too! It just sucks that mine won't accept food haha. I love watching them pass food to their mouths :)

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the helios too! It just sucks that mine won't accept food haha. I love watching them pass food to their mouths :)
Mine only eats small foods like pods or plankton. I have a short tent plate that is much smaller but will eat a good sized shrimp no problem. But not my ltp

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my long tentacle plate. It gets huge when lights are on. My favorite coral in my tank

So you answered one of my questions, what's you secret to keeping a long tentacle. I always shyed away from getting one because they have have a bad rep of not living long.

Latinreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the secret to care for plates I will post the one I bought tomorrow when lights are on

dnyceli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love plates but could never sustain them long term. What are you guys doing too keep them? What are youu feeding? Light? flow?

ultimatemj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are getting 120 to 180 par, moderate to mild flow, and are fed LPS pellets or mysis once every week or two~

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you answered one of my questions, what's you secret to keeping a long tentacle. I always shyed away from getting one because they have have a bad rep of not living long.
I really dont do anything out of normal. Moderate flow medium light. I feed my tank once a week with fuel, coral frenzy and reef chili. My ltp will not eat chunks of meaty foods only small particle stuff. Mine is really easy to care for

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really dont do anything out of normal. Moderate flow medium light. I feed my tank once a week with fuel, coral frenzy and reef chili. My ltp will not eat chunks of meaty foods only small particle stuff. Mine is really easy to care for

I agree. No special care for me either. Medium flow with a slightly shaded area on the sand. I let them float about and settle in wherever they land.
I spot feed mysis or my own fish food two or three times a week and they usually do well for me :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back