Why is this fish acting this way?

April Rosenberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was at the the pet store yesterday and saw this cool looking fish. You all might think I'm crazy (but that's a different time and another story), this fish watched me. If i went to one side of the tank he went also. I bought that sucker and put him in my tank along with a tiny clown fish. Since I have brought him home, he watches me even more. It's like he is happy I am showing him attention. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I caught him in camera doing this. He will set in the bottom and look at me and then move closer to me and look some more then start swimming up. He will actually stop and wait for me to get the camera caught back up to him and go up more then go down and set in the bottom and look at me some more. When he's done doing that he will set with his back to me. I look away for about 5 to 10 seconds and look to see where he is and he is looking at me. It's cool) I can't get the video to upload, sorry

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of fish is it? Some fish have spunky personalities. He might be extremely happy to have been rescued from the fish store. Then again, maybe he thinks you're going to feed him. I have a naso tang like that at the store. He's such a pig that he acts like an overactive puppy when I'm near the tank. he even bit me once in his excitement to get to his nori. Now his name is Fatty McFattersen - affectionately of course ;)

OP
OP
April Rosenberger

April Rosenberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what he is.

20161022_010829.jpg

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen p anything so happy and playful. I'm glad I got him

You realize that they are specialized feeders that feed on live pods and will rarely except frozen food (although I just bought one that has started excepting frozen, still skinny from the pet store but she's eating) and also it's a female

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You realize that they are specialized feeders that feed on live pods and will rarely except frozen food (although I just bought one that has started excepting frozen, still skinny from the pet store but she's eating) and also it's a female
Not true.

singleshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mandarin Dragonet/goby is what I think you're talking about. Scooters feed well on almost anything.

Albz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha even his face looks excited! I want one!!!!! And ima going to get one now haha. My gladitor clowns act the same! Even after feeding them they still come around when i circle the tank haha its so cute!! Gotta get this blenny now too haha... Post a video if you can!!

erinmegan85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw! What a cute fish! Definitely going to be adding one of these guys to my fish list for my tank that I'm starting to stock :)

Back