Will Chloroquine Phosphate kill shrimps and other motile inverts...

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put my angel into DT...after a couple of days, started flashing again...does eat...tried to get him out for QT...took almost all rock out,...couldn't find him so I ditched the plan...only inverts in my DT are hermits, boxer and peppermint shrimp...will CP kill them?...if so, may be easier to get them out than the angel...what you think...:confused:

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chloroquine Phosphate will kill all of your inverts. It should only be used in a QT and for fish only. Never in the DT as it can remain in your rocks and sand and eventually leach back into the water.

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chloroquine Phosphate will kill all of your inverts. It should only be used in a QT and for fish only. Never in the DT as it can remain in your rocks and sand and eventually leach back into the water.
I have used chloroquine phosphate in tanks that have brine shrimp and it has had no effect on them. It makes me wonder if my product is not actually chloroquine phosphate, or if some inverts can tolerate it. Could you point me in a direction that will help me figure this out?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chloroquine is a strong algaecide, so it will kill the zooxanthellae which lives inside most corals and sea anemones. Basically, it bleaches them.

But with motile inverts it's a bit more hit or miss. Sometimes CP kills them, sometimes it doesn't.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back