Wronggenotype Shallow 230

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's official and I am finally starting my new tank build.

In 2014 my brother welded me a stand for my "new" build and have been carting the stand around with me ever since then. Had the stand powder coated and its been garaged collecting dust. Just moved to Seattle in May of 2015 and decided it has been way to long and it was past due for being set up.

I decided to go with a local company Oceans by Design and had a custom tank, sump, and ato/dosing box built. The tank is 96"x28"x20" and has an external overflow with 3-1.5" Bean Animal style drains and an almost coast to coast interior box that is 52" long. I went with recessed Eurobrace and 4 3/4" returns.

The sump is 54"x18"x16" and has a ton of bells and whistles. Removable sock holder and media rack, and dosing connectors to just name a few. The ato/dosing box is 18"x22"x16" and has 4 1.75 gallon sections for dosing and one 18 gallon reservoir for ato.

A lot of the other equipment I already had from previous builds but will be upgrading some parts and pieces also

Skimmer:
Vertex alpha 250

Flow:
Fluval SP6
6 mp40wes two on each side and two on the back wall.

Lighting:
6 radion gen3
2 54w ati blue plus
2 54w ati coral plus

Doser:
2 part and mag with a bubble magus dosing pump. If I need more Ill end up putting a calcium reactor online as well.

Other Equipment:
-Full apex with Temperature, PH probes
-2 500W Finnex Deluxe Titanium heaters
-Tunze 3155 ato
-Kessil 160we Tuna sun

Rock Sand:
- 135lbs total of Dry Sand (75lbs of Tropic Eden Reefflakes and 60lbs of Miniflakes)
- Minimalist rock scape with lots of shelves.

The tank will be mostly SPS up top but will have some other nice pieces mixed in as well. Running Prodibio Bioptim and Biodigest since April 2017.

Parameters:
Alk 7.7-8.0
Cal 425-435
Mag 1350-1380
No3 5-15
Po4 .03-.05

Last edited:
OP
OP
WrongGenotype

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand before going to powder coating
IMG_1552_zpshkrjtw1g.jpg

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is looking great! The red/white color scheme works so well. Super clean plumbing.

I really like your rock work. Do you have any more information on the emaco kit?

OP
OP
WrongGenotype

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is looking great! The red/white color scheme works so well. Super clean plumbing.

I really like your rock work. Do you have any more information on the emaco kit?

Thanks really appreciate it. Figured the red white scheme would go well considering I already had the skimmer and ro reactor.

What info are you looking for on the emaco kit? He's on facebook as J6 jestersix

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back