ws6kid's Miracles 220g Build

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I ordered my first "large" aquarium.

We are currently building a home that is set to be complete in October. I was so close to talking the wife into an 8' long tank, but she is a designer by trade and told me it over-powered the room.

It will be a 72" x 24" x 30" Miracles Eurobraced tank with a center internal overflow. (3) 1.5" bulk head holes in the overflow. Starphire front. 5/8" glass all around.

The following images are her plans for the in wall tank.

The tank will drain into a fish tank room in the basement that has been designed in. That will likely be a build thread on its own as I hope to put a ton of detail in to make this ultra clean. We will see how the funds and my skills limit me! There will be my old 120g Marineland RR tank in a wall in the basement. Trying to decide what that tank will have in it :)

As far as hardware goes, I have a 60" ATI Hybrid T5/LED unit in storage ready to go. I also have a Deltec External TC 2060 Skimmer, Reef Dynamics 500g BioPellet Reactor, and Tunze Powerheads on Sea Swirls.

At the moment, I am think 8" sand bed. Have always loved the look. My wife hates bare bottom and I don't like sand so thin you can see through it.

Here is a pic of my 120g before we tore it down and sold the house.

This will likely play out for a while as we have not even finished the home yet, but I was too excited to wait and post.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost done with mechanicals! You can see where the tank will go in the living room in the first photo. The second photo is the future fish room. The hole in the wall is for my old 120g.

Waiting for pricing back on the steel welded and powder coated stand.

Anyone with a deep sand bed and long term success want to support me? :) I know lots are bare bottom these days, but the wife won't have it.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my temporary setup in the in-laws basement. Poor animals can't wait for that new tank I am sure.

The Deltec is awesome so far. I also noticed that the gyre pump works great in these tubs. Pushes the water in a nice circle.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current Stock List:
(1) Yellow Eye Kole Tang
(1) Yellow Tank
(1) Red Sea Sailfin Tang
(1) Bangai Cardinal
(1) Melanarus Wrasse
(1) Blotchy Anthias
(2) Orange Lyretail Anthias
(4) Clownfish - 2 mated pairs

I have had most of these fish since my second setup in 2008.

I am thinking about adding a few once the tank is up.
(2) Yellow Tang
(1) Bangai Cardinal
(1) Mystery Wrasse
(3) Yellow Assessor
(1) Yellow Headed Jawfish
Also would love to do an angel or angel pair, but do not know which I should do just yet.

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! I was actually just taking some photos. The house took longer to finish than anticipated, shocking I know.

Here is a photo of the 1.5" Steel welded stand for the 210g. Black powder coated.

The cabinet make came over last week to measure for the surrounding cabinets.

Picture 2 is the spot where the tank will be built in to the living room. You can see the plugs for the lights/apex energy bar.

The tank is still sitting in the garage in the crate. Not looking forward to getting it inside the house :p

The last photo is the fish room with the hole for the old 120 to show through in the basement. Need to get a second coat on it then I will move the 120g out of storage and into place. Going to set it up as it was at the old house for now. Debating still if I will tie it all in as 1 system or run them apart. Thinking of running the deep sand in the 120g with slower flow and more pretty LPS and Softies. Might go sandless and lots of flow in the 210g to grow my stick garden.

Ordered lots of stuff this week so I will start getting some updates rolling :)

IMG_1337.JPG
IMG_1338.JPG
IMG_1341.JPG
IMG_1447.JPG

OP
OP
ws6kid

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put some flooring in the fish room to make it look pretty. Really happy with it being that it was a black friday deal for less than $1 a sq ft.

Also got the light hung for the display upstairs and got the stand into place. Having some guys come help get it on the stand tomorrow morning! Cant wait to see it in the house.

Fish Room.JPG

Stand and Light.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Loving this!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 160 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.5%
Back