WWC 900 Gallon Broodstock Reef Build and Progression Thread! Need I say more?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS just for Rev!

1GGjd51.jpg

U4ziSBv.jpg

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only,........thing I don't care for in this beautiful tank, is so many corals on the sand. It looks too busy and takes away fromthe reast of the corals and rock scapping.

Wonderful system !

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only,........thing I don't care for in this beautiful tank, is so many corals on the sand. It looks too busy and takes away fromthe reast of the corals and rock scapping.

Wonderful system !

I don't believe they have sand. They let the corals encrust the glass as their substrate.

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the white on the bottom (which kinda gives the perception of sand) is actually just the white starboard the tank rests on

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wonderful system !

I don't believe they have sand. They let the corals encrust the glass as their substrate.

I believe the white on the bottom (which kinda gives the perception of sand) is actually just the white starboard the tank rests on

We do use white starboard on the bottom of the display to allow for more room for coral growth and the ability to propagate some corals easier. We can also run more flow and keep detritus off the bottom of the tank.

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did realize the tank is for business,......not just a display.

Do you have close up pics of the board ?
I've often thought of it instead of sand but,..........

Duberz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have y'all ever considered a thread or video detailing what it takes to maintain one of your display tanks up front? Like parameters,lighting schedule,flow schedule,additives,feedings,husbandry etc. Everyone that comes to your store strives to get what y'all have. Obviously with the beautiful displays there you know what it takes. I always see people(including myself)asking these type of questions about your displays. I think most people would love to see something like this.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have y'all ever considered a thread or video detailing what it takes to maintain one of your display tanks up front? Like parameters,lighting schedule,flow schedule,additives,feedings,husbandry etc. Everyone that comes to your store strives to get what y'all have. Obviously with the beautiful displays there you know what it takes. I always see people(including myself)asking these type of questions about your displays. I think most people would love to see something like this.
We are working on creating separate threads for the show tanks to focus more on the husbandry and parameters of the tank and leave these threads for eye candy and photos of progression.

We are also working on a nice F.A.Q. searchable database for our website where we will have answers to the questions we get the most.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back