Yet another super glue question

Tapio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no problem using most super glues (cyanoacrylate), but I have yet to find a packaging that does not clog after a few uses. All tubes get clogged at least for me. Are the small plastic bottles with more glue like CorAffix better or easier to deal with? Or other brands?

I frag mostly SPS but CorAffix does not bond leather corals well. Is there a better for softies?

Last edited:

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem and just make enough frags to use the entire tube.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the gel variety and wipe the tip off after every use.I then unscrew the cap when I get to the end of the tube.I would be very interested in member's experience with CorAfixx or similar products.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gel in the little 2 tubes for $1 from dollar general here. squeeze carefully and wipe the tip before capping them. 75% of the time, ill get a full use of the tube.

JoeIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had trouble with super glue gel from hardware stores, etc. skinning over when it goes under water, then not being able to get it to affix to anything. I have not had this issue with BSI IC-GEL from my LFS. additionally, each tube comes with two screw-on tips and a cap that screws onto the tip. Even failing to clean the tip before replacing the cap i usually only need one of the two tips to compete a tube.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have found it to be easier to avoid if you refrigerate the glue after opening it. I think the cold somehow keeps it from drying...not really sure though.

OP
OP
Tapio

Tapio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought to conclude this thread for my part. I got the 2 oz bottle of CorAffix and it actually works fine. The tip is not clogging at all if the cap is replaced right away and the glue is fine. They should not even sell the tubes.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought to conclude this thread for my part. I got the 2 oz bottle of CorAffix and it actually works fine. The tip is not clogging at all if the cap is replaced right away and the glue is fine. They should not even sell the tubes.

I used gel tubes for a long time and bought my first bottle of CoralAffix a few months ago. It works great and is actually cheaper than the small tubes. You get tons of glue in the CoralAffix bottles. I'm never going back to the tubes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back