CALLING ALL WRITERS and ASPIRING WRITERS!! REEF2REEF is offering YOU a chance to win CASH for CREATIVE CONTENT!
Welcome to R2R's Next BIG Author Contest! May the best article win!!
So...here's how it works...
How to Enter:
- The GRAND PRIZE is $100 cash to the writer whose article selected as the BEST submission!
- As a RUNNER-UP prize, all authors whose articles are published on R2R will receive a cash prize of $30. That means that even if you don't win the GRAND PRIZE, you could still take home $30 for your submission!
- Each writer may submit their article(s) by emailing a Word document or PDF file to email@example.com. (Please put "R2R's Next BIG Author Contest" in the subject line of the email.)
- Once you have entered (or if you are interested in entering), please make a post in this thread so that we can be sure you are included in a special usergroup we will be creating for content writers.
Guidelines for Entries:
There's no limit to number of submissions allowed, but the following criteria do apply to all submissions:
Entries must be submitted no later than May 1st to be considered (or until we have at least 15 entries). It will take us some time to go through the entries, so we will plan to announce the winner on May 15th.
Be sure to include your R2R username on all submissions so we know which ones are yours.
Article deadline:Purpose Statement: The goal of articles published at R2R is to provide a broad range of informative and useful content for saltwater aquarium hobbyists.
- Articles must include photos. They say a picture is worth a thousand words (except when it comes to guideline #2). One thing's for sure, pictures make reading articles more enjoyable. Please be sure you have at least 2 pictures in any article submitted (you can always use any pictures you find at Reef2Reef.com as long as you give credit to the member who posted them). Do NOT use pictures that are not your own without giving credit to the photographer.
- Articles must be at least 600 words in length.
- Articles should be submitted as MS Word documents or as PDF files.
- The content is clear and concise, and the spelling and grammar are correct (we have editors who can help with meeting this requirement, so reach out to the staff if you want to submit an article to an editor for help in checking and correcting these issues); and
- Must be useful and informative
- Uses appropriate diction
- If applicable, it contains a list of any references used (sources of information).
- All citations are from reliable sources, including those for direct quotations, statistics, published opinion, and counter-intuitive or controversial statements that are challenged or likely to be challenged.
- It contains no copyright violations nor plagiarism.
- While differences of opinion among articles will be tolerated, articles containing information that is deemed to be incorrect will be rejected.
- It stays focused on the topic addressed.
- Ensures any use of creative illustrations informs the reader rather than distracting them.
- Opinions abound in this hobby, and there are 1000's of ways to keep a reef. Be sure you represent when a statement you make is a matter of opinion rather than purely factual.
- Be fair to the opinions and viewpoints of others even when disagreeing with them.
We are accepting articles until we get to our minimum requirement of 15 entries, so please continue to submit your articles!
We've added a list of topic ideas that you can find by clicking HERE!
Now...dust off those keyboards and let the writing BEGIN!!