The R2R Community Red Sea Reefer 250 Challenge!
It's no secret that we need you! Reef2Reef is a place to share good content that pertains to the saltwater aquarium hobby. Without YOU creating content, posting questions, comments, photos, we are pretty worthless. But together we make a KILLER team! So in return for you doing your part we offer things in return like a family friendly place to connect with others, a stable and secure platform and among other things.....GIVEAWAYS!
So in the spirit of give and take we've teamed up with Red Sea to run a contest where you have the opportunity to GIVE more and in return we will GIVE YOU more chances to win. You don't have to complete every challenge to enter but the more you do complete the more chances you have of winning.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Official Entry: (required to enter) Start a new thread/topic (outside of the market and club forums) to discuss a topic that interest you. We suggest adding a photo that fits the theme of your topic to make it a little more interesting. The idea is for you to create a topic that people will engage in. Think of something that you find interesting and see what others think. After you have completed your NEW topic then share the link to your topic here in this thread in the comments.
If you don't know how to start a new thread/topic click here and I'll show you how!
Your post in this thread with your link to your new topic will be your official entry and all that is required to enter. BUT you can get more chances by completing the following challenges!
OPTIONAL CHALLENGES: (you can complete one or all of these challenges for extra entries)
- Challenge One: Recruit one friend that is in the hobby to Reef2Reef. Get a friend that is not already a member to sign up to R2R and then post their Reef2Reef username here in this thread as an individual post. You can have them sign up to R2R by click this link: https://www.reef2reef.com/account/ Disclaimer - Sorry to say this but please remember that we are able to track fake user names created by members.
- Challenge Two: Update your Reef2Reef tank thread this month. After you update or create the tank thread post the link to your build thread here in this thread. If you don't have a tank thread then start a new one here: Member Tanks
- Challenge Three: Post a photo of your tank or a saltwater aquarium related topic here in this thread. Your photo post will be your challenge entry.If you don't know how to upload or share a photo click here and I will show you how.
- Challenge Four: Share this contest thread/topic on your Facebook or Instagram account with the hashtags #Reef2Reef #RedSea #Reefer250 #ReefChallenge. You must share the following photo and link!
Entries will be accepted through July 27th. We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner will have his or her username tagged. We will not email or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 2 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.
A Red Sea Reefer 250 Aquarium System Valued at more than $1500 shipped to your door! Winners choice in Black or White!
Thank you everyone for playing along and a big thanks to Red Sea for such a wonderful prize!REEFER™ Specification
REEFER™ aquariums are constructed from thick, beveled-edge, ultra-clear glass to support their elegant and modern rimless design.
The aquarium sits on a recessed base that “floats” it above the cabinet, which seamlessly follows the contour of the glass.
The marine-spec laminated cabinet that houses the sump, (and in the larger models also includes a dedicated, vented space for chillers) is smartly finished with weatherproof, epoxy-painted doors.
REEFER™ Water Management System
The comprehensive water management system provides the base for excellent water quality. Surface water from all sides of the aquarium is actively fed to the sump through the regulated silent flow downpipe.
Removable surface-skimming combs surround the top of the centrally located overflow box that houses the downpipe, sump return pipe and the discreet multi-directional “eyeball” return outlet nozzle.
In the event of a blockage in the regulated downpipe, an additional emergency overflow pipe provides an unrestricted free flow of aquarium water directly to the sump.
On entering the sump the water passes through a 225 micron mechanical filter bag, before entering the filtration compartment that maintains a constant water height, making it suitable for all skimmers and other reactors.
In order to remove any air bubbles that may have escaped from the skimmer, the water passes through a bubble-stripping cascade on its way to the return pump chamber.
To ensure a constant water level in the pump compartment, all REEFER™ sumps include an integrated automatic freshwater top-up unit, guaranteeing a constant, stable water flow throughout the complete system.
Supplied as a complete self-assembly kit, all pipe work is ready without the need for any gluing.
New and improved Refugium-Ready Sump Now Available For REEFER™ XXL & Peninsula Models
The REEFER™ Peninsula and XXL series have advanced sumps with the following exciting new features:
- An adjustable height skimmer chamber, enabling you to set the water level (between 21-27cm / 8.3″-10.6″) for optimal skimmer performance.
- A “Refugium Ready” sump with two pre-set positions allows you to decide how much of the sump you want for your skimmer and other reactors and how much as a dedicated refugium chamber.
- 4 micron filter bags
- Larger RO liter reservoirs that can be slid aside when necessary for pump maintenance.