REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum
Attention, Reef2Reefers! @Triquatics is teaming up with R2R to bring you a brand new giveaway! One lucky reefer is going to win a ClariSea SK-5000!!
Triquatics was founded by three reefers that believed that there could be a superior digital shopping experience worldwide! They strive to offer a superior customer experience, the products that we all know and love, and a family atmosphere that keeps you as their #1 priority.
How To Enter
There are multiple ways for you to enter to win! Be sure to make a post in this thread for each of the entries you've completed (winning entry will be verified).
- ENTRY #1: Subscribe to the Triquatics hashtag #TRIQUATICS to follow all of their new posts here on R2R! (Just click the hashtag link and then click "watch tag")
- ENTRY #2: Post a link to something at Triquatics.com that you might like to see in a future giveaway.
- ENTRY #3: Create an account on Triquatics.com (CLICK HERE)
- ENTRY #4: Check out the Triquatics website. Then, leave a comment on this Facebook post (CLICK HERE) telling the world what you like most about the Triquatics shopping experience! It could be their unique Aqua Cash which lets you earn money while you shop, their free shipping, no restocking fees, price match guarantee, 10% military discount, monthly giveaways, or anything else that you like about the site.
- ENTRY #5: Share this contest on any social media platform with the hashtags #Triquatics #Freestuff #R2R
- ENTRY #6: Start/update your build thread on Reef2Reef (CLICK HERE if you don't have one started yet). You may do this weekly for a total of 4 entries.
- BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.
*Once you have completed your entries you will need to create separate posts in this thread stating that you completed each one. Winner will be subject to verifying that the requirements were met in a timely manner.
One lucky reefer will win a brand new ClariSea SK-5000!!
The SK-5000 Automatic Roller Filter from D-D The Aquarium Solution is designed to filter high volumes of water without the need for a filter sock. This filter has a small footprint with a self-assembly design for multiple installation options and easy cleaning. The roller fleece is phosphate free and is designed with a low-odor material. This filter system is capable of removing particles as small as 20 microns from your water thus easing the strain on other devices (e.g. protein skimmer, pumps, wave makers) and producing a crystal clear water column. Having clear water allows your light to penetrate the water column and reach your corals and plants.
- Brilliantly clear water without the need for high maintenance filter socks
- Optimal light penetration for the growth and health of your corals and plants
- Continuously removes detritus and organic waste, preventing accumulation bio wastes
- Dramatically reduces the load on the protein skimmer by removing even the smallest of particles
- Reduced maintenance of pumps, wave makers, and protein skimmers, plus...no more socks to clean
- Noticeably reduces the accumulation of detritus in your aquarium substrate and sump
Drawing of Prizes and Notification of Winnings
Entries accepted through March 31, 2019. The winner will be chosen by random draw and announced on April 1, 2019.
At the end of the contest we will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.
Special Thanks to @Triquatics for sponsoring this great contest!
Hello Fellow reefers..
In light of the recent freezing cold temperatures effecting 100+ million people in the U.S. alone, we re facing temperatures that are shattering All-time records across the world... yesterday, Minnesota was colder than the current conditions at the south pole observatory...
Why not share and reach out on #r2r and maybe #reefsquad to handle the issues that I came across.. and I thought a solid point of advice and ideas could be focused in one thread. This way everyone can read, learn, and share their own ideas on how to minimize fluctuations in temperature, as well as other less obvious issues that come along with it.
Feel free to suggest and add topics and fixes to this thread. We can always learn more from each other.
Of course. A staple in reefing success is to maintain a stable temperature. Whether u prefer it tropical at 80°f or a chillier 76°, sub-zero temperatures will effect any living thing one way or another in your tank.
Recommendation(s): 2nd Heater
Add a 2nd heater to supplement the demand for operation. This will aid in keeping one heater from working too much, and more importantly can save you if yours malfunctions and you sustain a dangerous temperature drop in your tank.
Issue: Alkalinity swings
As I pondered the idea of temperature, and evaporation increasing, I also realize this continuous addition of fresh RODI water to my tanks volume, It made me think of swings this may cause in parameters. Alk (dKh) being the main focus. Even if your Alk is on a dosing schedule of sorts, or if you have figured out your specific need for Kalkwasser in your ATO(I dont recommend) your consumption and requirements to maintain the numbers you are used to seeing in regards to dKh will change based on evaporation.
Recommendation: Adjust dosing regemint. Add a lid or cover to help with evaporation loss.
In theory, your previous calculations of necessary dosing for dKh would no longer maintain the levels u prefer due to more RODI topoff than previously required. I would suggest to simply increase your dosing quantity very slightly as it gets colder outside and drier in your home.
A humidifier is a huge help to evaporation as well, but for most, they likely dont have one. And thus we make many more trips back to our water stations keeping the ever-disappearing water level stable in our tanks.
Hope it wasnt too much to read, and I'm hoping I see a LOT more tips and tricks for cold winter months to help any new comers or just to teach some old dogs new tricks! I know people who have been reefing for 30yrs and still learn something new on a regular basis!
You can avoid all this by moving south as well!
Best of luck keeping things healthy around these cold seasons that a lot of us deal with in the north! Thanks for reading! Reef on!
Practical and simple, will definitely do the job form the looks of it. Give it some more time and let some more people chime in with opinions and ideas. There's so many ways to build and modify a sump to your wants and needs.
you've come to the right place for information and advice! Welcome to #r2r #reefsquad
@Humblefish Ignore my PM, I finally found my answer. Prazi and Cupramine are ok together.
Just took me almost an hour of sifting before I found this thread.
Unbelievable how much information there is on this forum for so many different circumstances.
Fallow period finishes today. Plan is to dose Prazi when I get home today, and tomorrow the fish are gonna get moved over to the DT.
Stoaked.. Cannot wait. #R2R for life!
Okay Guys and ladies. Did what a few of you recommended wait and log back in to computer and BOOM! works. I really think because the software goes on to the seneye servers there might been server issues last night ! i had trouble registering. So i guess the moral to all this is be patient !! #R2R