REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum
With everything going on in my life right now, my mom being sick with lung disease and my history of anxiety/depression exacerbated from her condition and the rigors of PA school, I decided it would be a good time to treat myself to a new build. It all started off when my mom couldn't take care of her fish anymore so she had me breakdown her 150g setup and keep what I wanted. I decided I would purchase a new 120g SCA tank that would fit on my steel stand I had from a previous tank. This tank will house her purple tang, blue hippo tang, foxface, coral beauty angelfish, filefish, and black clownfish, all which she had for years. I hope you enjoy the build as much as I am!
- SCA 120g 48x24x24 (starphire glass)
- Custom steel stand with skin made by father and myself (tall stand for eyelevel viewing and easy access for work under the tank)
- 2 x Radion Gen-4 Pro/Ecotech rail mounting system ( I have an additional one that I am considering mounting on this tank if i need more light)
- Maxspect Gyre XF250 (new)
- Jeboa RW20 (Switching out for one of my 3 Mp40 Qd that I run on my other tank)
- Advance Acrylic sump (from mom's tank)
- Royal Exclusive BK 200 Double cone (from mom's tank)
- Advance Acrylic Top-off container
- Tunze 3155 Ato
- Neptune System Apex (new model- gold/full set)
- Ecotech marine Vectra L1 (new)
- JBJ Arctica 1/4 hp Chiller (going to run off manifold)
- Marine Depot controller board mounting system (waiting on shipping)
- Nyos Torq 1.0L reactor for carbon and GFO (waiting on shipping)
- Geo calcium reactor ( Instead of the Bubble magus dose I currently have for it)
- Maxspect Gyre XF330 (the XF250 is LOUD)
I know this tank is going to be overstocked, but keep in mind that these fish and most equipment are going to be transferred to my Dream Tank 96x30x30 in wall/office build, when I purchase my house after school (Stay tuned)!
- Purple tang
- Blue tang
- Foxface (probably going to be forced to sell because he is just to big for this tank)
- Black clownfish
- Coral beauty
- Regal Angel (In QT)
- Flame Wrasse (In QT)
- Sunset Fairy Wrasse (In QT)
- Naoko's Fairy Wrasse (In QT)
- Ruby Finned Wrasse (In QT)
- Achilles ( Probably won't happen given the tangs I already have and the small size of the tank)
- Lineatus Wrasse
- Pintale Wrasse
- Labouti Wrasse
- Golden Rhomboid
( I will be fragging stuff to bring it in slowly with NO pests. I have bubble algae and Aptasia)
Fragging kit from BRS. Very nice quality!
( Big fan of these tanks for the price)
The new tank
The UPS driver hates me, Xmas every day as I wait for parts!
Purchased these LED strip lights off amazon for under the tank. They were cheap and programmable via app or controller that comes with.
Bubble King 200 #royalexclusiv
Advanced Acrylics sump #advancedacrylics
Radion Gen4 Pro #ecotechmarine
(Was a little bummed that these EXPENSIVE lights were sitting on hard plastic and left with scratches all along the bottom of the fixture. Contacted #Ecotechmarine and asked if they can just send a new baseplate and I would switch it out myself, and they told me to send the entire thing in but it is cosmetic and basically told me to pound sand.)
probably going to run the AB program
So I had to set this up in a not so traditional way because of the large fish sitting in a bin for a few days. I filled the tank with saltwater to the bottom of the overflow, put in the rock and sand, added Dr.tims one and only bacteria, and waiting for the cycle. I say this is not traditional because the tank is still not plumbed and the fish are in, haha! I wanted to get them into a large volume of water ASAP while I wait for more parts.
I plan on plumbing this week and then fill up the sump and rest of the tank. I also need to do some wire management once I receive my mounting board from #marinedepot.
This will hold my controllers and power supplies for my new #neptunesystems apex, #ecotechmarine MP40 QD, #royalexclusiv BK red dragon pump controller, and Ipad for apex access.
Tristian's Reef: (2019) - 350g Reef Update - Coral Eye Candy!
Hey everyone I was overdue a reef update. Originally I was going to do one before New Years but life got in the way.
This year I will be trying to get 1 new video out a week and I will also be doing more ReefTech videos since those were really popular last year.
Thank You EVERYONE for all the support this past year. Its been an amazing Journey as a youtube creator and fellow reefer. I look forward to creating new original content this year.
#nemosreef #upscaleaquatics #crystalreefaquatics #reef #fishtank #reef2reef #tristiansreef #saltwater #reeftank #saltwateraquarium #saltwatertank
#allmymoneygoestofish #allmymoneygoestocoral #fishtanksofinstagram #poseidonreef
#ecotech #neptunesystems #bulkreefsupply
Time To review My LED Lights
After 1 Month of Installing the new Radion XR30 G4 Pro in The middle of the tank , I have done a basic testing and comparison between The G4 the my Old G3
As I have mentioned before I have 2 G3 and 1 G4, all 3 units are connected to Classic Apex Control Via WMX module, all lights are set at max 75% total intensity with the following Apex Graph
This Graph is based on the Ecotech Coral Lab SPS AB program.
#ecotechmarine #neptunesystems @RandoReefer @Terence