OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 62

As part of documenting everything, here is my last batch of corals mostly taken from my other aquarium. Those new corals will face some adversity in different ways. It was a super messy addition with the glue, but sometimes, you do with what you have ;)

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 63

All good things have an end, before I make some changes to my aquarium I wanted to record one last time. Beneath the beauty, it's filled with war, a reminder of every piece of life fight for space and light.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 64

It's inevitable. Maintaining a balance in a small aquarium can be hard. Each corals fight for space, fight for light. Eventually, some species are more successful than others.
This is where the gardener has to intervene and re-establish the balance. The corals have become too big, some of them started to spread and becoming invasive.
We all knew that day would come, this is my haircut.

I thought I was going to make one last episode, but, I might have to talk about that blue pill of algae I'm referring to and the "killers" of my tank hmmm
It feels very weird when you make so much cut, frag, and yet the tank look nearly the same o_O

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm super excited to finally enter in my first Aquarium competition, it's a competition on Nano-Reef.com "365 Day Challenge", I always wanted to participate in this kind of event, this time the timing is good . I wanted to show my aquarium also on Reef2Reef so everyone can see it.
My name is Nicolas Marion, i'm from Montréal. I also have a YouTube channel youtube.com/c/aquasplendor where I create ... "things".

I'm really happy that my first competition is on the nano side, space is a big issue in my apartment so I don't have choice :p. Also reefing have a special place in my heart, so both together is close to a Big Bang event for me hehe

I'm pumped to create a display tank, I don't any, the one I have at home is more a laboratory testing gears/product for my channel then anything else.

I'm also planning to cover this aquarium on my channel, so everyone can see the evolution of a reef tank. In other to do that I will have to change my editing style, something more simple and relaxing that is fast/easy to edit. I will show the total budget also maybe? Will see.

I bought a tank for this competition 3 weeks ago and last week I receive the cabinet to put the tank on.
Today I just open the box to see inside, turn out, they sent me the wrong cabinet... yay, it's starting well

The tank size is 60x30x20cm (23.6x11.8x7.8 inches)
It's 36 Liters, 9.6 U.S. Gallon

I'm not 100% sure if it's that aquarium i'm going with, i'm concern about the height with coral growth that might be problematic with one of my aqua scape I have in mind.
I'm still looking for equipment most of has been bought, waiting to be deliver. For the wall separator I will look at it when i'm sure i'm going with this tank.
I'm not in hurry to start the aquarium right now. I love planning things before, making sure i'm taking the right decision, specialy with aquascape.

This aquarium will be set at my work place. I've been annoying my colleagues with aquarium for the last 2 years, but now, they will see why i love this so much.

It worry me a little bit to have different people (client/unknow/cleaner) to be around this. It's a little fragile baby for me and, i'm not going with a friendly budget either, hopefully people don't know how this hobby is expansive! Also the real reason why i'm doing this at work it's because I don't have any place for aquarium at home , and look so much better at work then at home. L.i.g.h.t.

DSC00022-1.jpg.291a13f649e68fa349b7813e8751a58d.jpg
20200220_105907.jpg.e4396fb84f2c818c483071491b40ae4f.jpg
Never knew you were on R2R. I love your amazng and beautiful videos!

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never knew you were on R2R. I love your amazng and beautiful videos!
"I'm on internet" :p Thank you ;)

Since you seem like you’re wrapping up videos for this tank, do you have any plans for videos for the future?
Yes, I made a decision a couple of months ago, will reveal in time, it will be ... shocking.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 65

Life is about evolving, adapting, changing, what worked in the past isn't guaranteed to work in the future.
Territories are made, comportments are changed, habits are building. After few weeks I was able to finally record certain behavior happening in my nano reef tank.
I could see something suspect on my corner of my eyes, it was happening in a fraction of a second at times but after being patient, I was able to capture the behavior of my yellow goby and brown hermit crab.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 66

We all want a beautiful aquarium, we all look at the internet and see the "perfect snapshot" of a tank.
But does a picture reveal everything? This is a glimpse of what's happening in my tank and showing the darker side and its maintenance.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 67

Some much stuff is happening to my reef tank, bacteria, pathogen, hydroids, mega growth, algae decay via Flucanozole, new snails, new hermit crabs, fish disease!
Despite all the signs telling me to not show you this, I persevere and show you every aspect of my nano reef tank.

Kaisentlaia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, been watching your series on the nano for a while now and I absolutely love your tank! Your videos are amazing, I love to put them on to unwind after a long day. :)

I also appreciated the last couple of videos where you started talking. A different vibe but very enjoyable! Keep up the good work! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back