☆☆ - Official 2023 Battlecorals Grow Out Contest Sign Up Thread - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my order in.
Fun Games GIF by Voot Select

Fishboy-1970

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At Midnight, January 15th, 2023, I officially invite you all to join the BattleCorals 2023 Grow Out Contest.

First, a correction and an apology on my behalf. Initially, I wanted to make this as accessible as possible to everybody, this included financially. I offered entry plus entry kit at 125 with free shipping. I am sorry to have failed you on that aspect, and though I wished to make it happen even up until my post today, I was unable to make that a possibility. I take responsibility for that, because I was told as near as a week ago this wasn't feasable, and I made no correction. Please accept my humblest of apologies, and thank you to @LOVEROCK who reminded me that I should have come forth on this oversight sooner.

Our current winning selection, by a wide margin, is the Acropora Sarmentosa called Rainbow's Army!

Official Rules

All entry submissions must include a clear photo of the Rainbow's Army frag, next to the included BattleCorals Official Measurement Tool. Entry should also include water parameters of Salinity, Calcium, and Alkalinity, optional parameters of Nitrate, Phosphate, and Magnesium may also be included for completeness.

Entries must be submitted before the end of the month, each month, beginning in April.

Two non-consecutive months may be taken without an entry. If you plan to miss a month, notify me by PM @StatelineReefer by the 15th of that month to avoid the reminder.

I will remind entrants that have not submitted their offical entries by PM on the 21st of the month.

An initial 'Zero' measurement must be registered within 7 days of recieving the frag.

If your frag does not survive the initial 7 days after recieving, please contact Adam @Battlecorals, and pending availability, a replacement will be issued, or your entry will be shifted to the round 2 runner up event, entirely at the discretion of Battlecorals.

Entry Fee is $125.00 USD

Shipping will be $35.00 and includes:

one (1) Rainbow's Army frag.

one (1) Custom Ruler for measuring official entries

There will probably be more goodies in your box as well, but you can guarantee that with an Add-on package!

All add-ons will include the Rainbow's Army Grow Out Contest Tee-Shirt.

-For just $225 more ($350 total) you can upgrade your entry with an additional 5 corals, for a total of 6, this will ship free!

-For just $325 more ($450 total) you can upgrade your entry to an 8/10 piece battlebox! that's 7 to 9 more frags sent along with your entry frag, also includes free shipping!

And you can contact Adam when you submit your entry for the battlebox I'm calling the Impossible Choices collection, which is one of each of the corals voted on, Houdini, Rainbow's Army, Miss Scarlet, Reading Rainbow Tenuis, Space Laser, SWK Invalida, Greg C Efflo, and Corpse of Helltrollsman Man, an 8 frag pack for 499.00, entry included to either your choice of Round One or Round Two, shipping included, my gratitude included!

Post below to be entered into the contest, and be sure to select Round One or Round Two in your post. Round 1 will be Rainbow's Army, Round 2 will be the second place selected in the poll here:

Adam will send you a link to the special category for this entrToo late foy.

You may add on any of the unique add-ons to make this an extra special deal.

Am I way too late for this?

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t decide how many frags to add. I already have a battlebox coming from a previous sale so may just do the 4 pack

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hey guys,

I have not, repeat NOT sent out anything to the laser only contestants yet. You guys will hear from me next week. I have to do this in phases or it is a massive cluster for me. Please bear with me. If you are on the list, you will be contacted I promise.

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StatelineReefer am I still able to be added with the +5 box?
Waiting for Adam to get back to me on that...

Battlecorals doesn't know how to ship a fresh cut... If we have frags ready to go, I can add you, If not, there is still time before the contest begins.

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A single slot remains for Space Laser!!

Who wants a chance at greatness, a beautiful frag, and a year's worth of fun and competition!!!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OK, Good news! At this time everyone who is in the Rainbows Army only contest should have gotten an email from me about setting up shipping. If you haven't, please check your spam folder. And if you still don't see anything please shoot me an email.

Again this is for Rainbows Army contestants only. I will be getting to the combo and Laser contestants soon!

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey any tips for dipping acros? Id love to hear everybodys approach!

Recently I have been a fan of KCL (especially for flatworms). My second is Bayer and third would be revive. A 10-20 minute bath in plenty IMO. A good turkey basting during the process is ideal to blow anything off that wont release.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey any tips for dipping acros? Id love to hear everybodys approach!

A whole thread about it straight from Adam.
I personally dip in coral RX then potassium chloride solution

Mr.OK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, Good news! At this time everyone who is in the Rainbows Army only contest should have gotten an email from me about setting up shipping. If you haven't, please check your spam folder. And if you still don't see anything please shoot me an email.

Again this is for Rainbows Army contestants only. I will be getting to the combo and Laser contestants soon!
*Update*, I had sent you email, and just replied to your question......

Last edited:

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A whole thread about it straight from Adam.
I personally dip in coral RX then potassium chloride solution
Thanks for the link!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back