OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys Episode 5!!!

If you watch my last video (seriously it's not a clickbait), you probably know I broke my aquarium, so here I show how I built my aquarium, this time at home and the video is more complete then the Episode 3.

Hope you enjoy watching, next step, aquascape and cycling?

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ep.6 This time I add the light, show the cycling process and the aquascape

I've been waiting so long to make an episode like this, It should have been done in Febuary or march, but with the Covid 19, lot of my plans change. I'm very please to finally been able to reach that point, from now on it will be much easier... I think... I mean... watchout for Episode 7 .. woops :p

thatsruff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ep.6 This time I add the light, show the cycling process and the aquascape

I've been waiting so long to make an episode like this, It should have been done in Febuary or march, but with the Covid 19, lot of my plans change. I'm very please to finally been able to reach that point, from now on it will be much easier... I think... I mean... watchout for Episode 7 .. woops :p

Nice tank! I like the dimensions. Good to see it is finally coming together for you.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see it is finally coming together for you.
Oh wait for the Episode 7, the bad luck awards bonus trophy is mine :p

Slowly but surely hehe, the dimension of the tank is really challenging, there's some corals that I can't put just because of the height. But at the same time being restricted promote creativity. Will see how it goes!

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on the Episode 7
Here a little ... teaser I guess? LOL

Some people grow coral, I prefer plastic

snrWQ9u.jpg

Video below

jdXr42U.jpg

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ep.7 This is a crucial episode, "Better safe than sorry"

I didn't mention in the video but the tank is cycle now, I'm waiting for some ... life... small life...

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a big fan of your channel.

I even thought about suggesting a collab but I am more scared that your bad luck may rub off on me than of catching covid.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha, Hey btw I love your stuff, your aquarium is just insane! Everytime I see some of the videos I'm amaze by the maturity of your corals!
Little hint I do from my videos: I give a story, I think this is the key

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't write on my post where I uploaded the video but if the video doesn't show up here my IG post of it:

I got this from Canada AquaMarine, i'm working on the next Episode and I think it will be my personal favorite for the reason you see above :)

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between all my current videos on my channel, this one is my favorite.
I present you Episode #8 : One drop of life :)

I finally introduce the first visible life form in my aquarium: Zooplankton

Because I'm saving money for 2 specific things (one just for the aquarium community) I don't have money to buy a microscope yet.
However, I did my best with my camera to bring good footage and I was shocked how far I went with just my equipment!

I hope this video will inspire other people and realize how beautiful small creatures and important, they are.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this?
Did I put a fish in my tank??!
Omg, this is getting out of control!
And here I thought I was going to grow rocks =/

Episode 9

Please, leave me a comment in the YouTube comments section for the name, I'm very curious to know your ideas , I will pick one from that list

First time I have clips of video from the day before, this is has present in time I can do! (usually there's a minimum of 1 weeks)

I guess I will put some photos also to get more karma, because lets be honest, this fish is a Karma *****. brb will grab my cat somewhere for photo-shoot... actually no... not a good idea (if you watch the video you know why lol)

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01450.jpg
DSC01452.jpg
DSC01453.jpg
DSC01459.jpg
DSC01467.jpg
DSC01468.jpg
DSC01469.jpg
DSC01448.jpg

I post picture for the lazy scroller that doesn't watch the video (even if the video contain more of that stuff), I know that laziness
1596583399693.gif

If I don't post many pictures it's because it's really hard to make all those little things here and there, with social media and stuff, so I'm trying to focus my energy.
I made a little script/batch in Photoshop to help me to accelerate the process for the forums: Insert watermark, move it, image resize, save&close. No color modification, straight from the camera.
Funny how much easier it is on the phone.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 10

This episode is ... kinda fun lol. That crab is a future movie star
I don't know if there is anyone that see my post, but if you do raise your hand, I know Reef2Reef is not known for nano tanks but I'm always hoping that someone will see this topic :)

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of feel sad that your tank will become more interesting as time goes by. I really love how you can make these little things so enjoyable to watch.

thatsruff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01450.jpg
DSC01452.jpg
DSC01453.jpg
DSC01459.jpg
DSC01467.jpg
DSC01468.jpg
DSC01469.jpg
DSC01448.jpg

I post picture for the lazy scroller that doesn't watch the video (even if the video contain more of that stuff), I know that laziness
1596583399693.gif

If I don't post many pictures it's because it's really hard to make all those little things here and there, with social media and stuff, so I'm trying to focus my energy.
I made a little script/batch in Photoshop to help me to accelerate the process for the forums: Insert watermark, move it, image resize, save&close. No color modification, straight from the camera.
Funny how much easier it is on the phone.

Lovely little goby. The clown gobies are one of our favorite fish, we just got one today ourselves.

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your style of film making and when your subject is things that people normally don't pay much attention, it makes it even more interesting to watch.

You're making videos about a single fish and a few hermit crabs fun to watch.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01432.jpg
DSC014522.jpg

So couple changements, I modify the light to have a more "house" look, I took one fixture for a specific reasons, the depth.
You can't tell on the picture but their's a diffuser under the light. I did this in order to reduce the shimmer from the light since I can't control the shimmer via pump. It also help to reduce the disco effect that I saw in my video that bothers me a little bit. But those change will be more visible when I will have my new camera with slow motion.

I added a Blind Roller to remove any light leaking when I work on my computer on the right, was tired to have a little plastic paper hanging on the light with duct tape lol.

It took me a while to make those tiny change, I try my best to get a clean look, the power cable is painted like the wall and celling.

I shoot for 3 different videos, so now I have to edit everything and that will take time (1 for my nano reef series)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back