thatsruff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01432.jpg
DSC014522.jpg

So couple changements, I modify the light to have a more "house" look, I took one fixture for a specific reasons, the depth.
You can't tell on the picture but their's a diffuser under the light. I did this in order to reduce the shimmer from the light since I can't control the shimmer via pump. It also help to reduce the disco effect that I saw in my video that bothers me a little bit. But those change will be more visible when I will have my new camera with slow motion.

I added a Blind Roller to remove any light leaking when I work on my computer on the right, was tired to have a little plastic paper hanging on the light with duct tape lol.

It took me a while to make those tiny change, I try my best to get a clean look, the power cable is painted like the wall and celling.

I shoot for 3 different videos, so now I have to edit everything and that will take time (1 for my nano reef series)

Looks very nice and clean. What did you use for the diffuser? I am thinking of adding one to my light.

RedTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01432.jpg
DSC014522.jpg

So couple changements, I modify the light to have a more "house" look, I took one fixture for a specific reasons, the depth.
You can't tell on the picture but their's a diffuser under the light. I did this in order to reduce the shimmer from the light since I can't control the shimmer via pump. It also help to reduce the disco effect that I saw in my video that bothers me a little bit. But those change will be more visible when I will have my new camera with slow motion.

I added a Blind Roller to remove any light leaking when I work on my computer on the right, was tired to have a little plastic paper hanging on the light with duct tape lol.

It took me a while to make those tiny change, I try my best to get a clean look, the power cable is painted like the wall and celling.

I shoot for 3 different videos, so now I have to edit everything and that will take time (1 for my nano reef series)
You are still using the AI Prime, correct? That shade looks incredible. I would love to do this mod to mine. I'd love to see an in depth video on how you accomplished this with what you used and where you bought the materials.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01452.jpg
DSC014522.jpg

Photo_September_Contest.jpg

I was thinking to participate to some photo of the months but I don't have the right coral for September on Reef2Reef, I rarely see those contest and I love it, I'm mostly focusing on creating videos instead. I prefer to make videos because it's much harder and challenging but time to time it's fun to simply make 1 picture :D

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's happening!

Episode 14:
Finally I started to add corals, I show some little tips here and there on how I handle the maintenance of my aquarium without losing control of algae, hope it will help beginners.
I do my best to use naturals organisms when I can, its much better, simpler and economical!

I'm very happy that everything seems to work as expected, I feared a lot to lose a little bit of the control since I show everything and this makes me... sweating salt/h2o out of my body
Every time I do something with this tank it makes me really nervous because it's completely public and I'm exposed to potential backslash if something bad happens so I'm trying my best with this project, crossing fingers, knocking on the Ikea wood (not too much since it moves and splash water)

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 15

I love rock but, honestly, they are taking so long to grow so I decide to add more corals!
Gorgonian has such a huge visual reef impact and in nano reef even more!

I added a couple of different types of corals to see how they react and will see from there what I will need to be adjusted.

Initially, I just planned to put 1 gorgonian on the front but I love it so much that I decide to pick some of my other aquarium and use it in this aquarium.
I'm putting my energy on this project this month because I would like to see the corals start to look more established for the end of the competition #365daychallenge, I'm so late it's insane but I think I can manage to get something at the end, crossing fingers, so far so good!

LouiseS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC01452.jpg
DSC014522.jpg

Photo_September_Contest.jpg

I was thinking to participate to some photo of the months but I don't have the right coral for September on Reef2Reef, I rarely see those contest and I love it, I'm mostly focusing on creating videos instead. I prefer to make videos because it's much harder and challenging but time to time it's fun to simply make 1 picture :D
Gorgeous photos - you really need to enter them into some competitions

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back