Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nanoreefcom_Vote_v03.jpg

nanoreefcom_VoteInstructions_v02.jpg

Reefers, WE NEED YOU!
After a year of dedication by passionate hobbyists, the contest has ended. We have now the official list of candidates for voting, 17 were selected and 3 of them will have a chance to win with your vote.
The vote is splitted into 3 categories: Best Theme, Best Aquascape, Best DIY.

How to vote?
Go on Nano-reef.com, there’s a post for voting with all the participants' journals of their adventure. You can click on the link down below.

It takes only a few seconds/minutes to vote but if you are interested you can read the thread of each creator, you will be fascinated by the evolution of those aquariums.

If you can also SPREAD THE NEWS, it would be really appreciated, the reefing community is awesome and we need more awareness about this fun contest!

Thank you, go vote and good luck to the participants

(personal message)
I'm not affiliated with the website nano-reef.com in any form nor the sponsor Coral Vue.
This message is simply to raise more awareness toward this contest, I simply LOVE this kind of adventure and this contest deserves more attention.
Please do not vote for me simply because you follow me, I’m concerned about affecting the vote with “social media influence”, I just wish for everyone to get an equal chance, thank you!

58e970b2-3f88-4897-87ba-5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we allowed to issue ultimatums?
I’ll give you a vote if you can prove the Sun Coral are still doing well. If not I am going to vote for whoever is in second.

Just joking. I will sign up and vote tonight. Great job on the tank. It looks great and the detailed updates are really interesting (I’m slowly working my way through them).

How are you finding things with the addition of the Sun Coral? Also is it out often?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Sun coral is doing ok, still not opening up thought!
That’s a pain. I hope it opens for you soon.

I got one almost month ago and it has caused me nothing but trouble (I’m feeding it way to much). It unfortunately arrive in rough condition...so I’m sort of surprised it made it this far.
It recently started to bulge out of the tubes around meal times though. I’m hoping this means it will open soon and start more actively eating chunks of food.

Thanks for posting about this aio challenge. It looks really cool. I know I’m pretty much guaranteed to lose, but I sort of want to participate in one at some point.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a pain. I hope it opens for you soon.

I got one almost month ago and it has caused me nothing but trouble (I’m feeding it way to much). It unfortunately arrive in rough condition...so I’m sort of surprised it made it this far.
It recently started to bulge out of the tubes around meal times though. I’m hoping this means it will open soon and start more actively eating chunks of food.

Thanks for posting about this aio challenge. It looks really cool. I know I’m pretty much guaranteed to lose, but I sort of want to participate in one at some point.

When you got it it was already receding?
I might be more careful, I think I'm more feeding him every day, I kinda just want to feed the fish and shrimp but I feed him first and the rest goes to fish&shrimp

This was my first contest, honestly, nothing to do with winning are losing, I couldn't care less to be honest. The real treat is to go on the challenge, face adversity and share with people how it goes, It's the adventure, the path, that is rewarding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you got it it was already receding?
I might be more careful, I think I'm more feeding him every day, I kinda just want to feed the fish and shrimp but I feed him first and the rest goes to fish&shrimp

This was my first contest, honestly, nothing to do with winning are losing, I couldn't care less to be honest. The real treat is to go on the challenge, face adversity and share with people how it goes, It's the adventure, the path, that is rewarding
Yeah. It was starting to have some tissue fall off/rot when I got it. Sounded like these Sun Coral had just been slowly degrading during their stay at the store.

Today is the first time I can really say I got any response to feeding. (Your reaction is looking way better than anything I have got so far)
Before it was just some food sitting in the cups and hopefully it ate some before I turned the flow back on.

Been target feeding 3 times a day for about 30-60 min each time. Alternating between fine foods like reef roids and blended raw seafood. Also trying to hit the same time of day for each meal.

No idea if this is the right way to do this, but if the coral recovers I will be happy...even though it is making a serious mess of my tank plan.
The coral is up above in dark bucket to avoid algae growth.

For me the appeal of a contest like that is the learning opportunity. It seems like a great way to try a new approach and also have a set of other reefer to learn from at the same time.

Attachments

• F517BB5C-1088-4599-AE77-6DDB5310AF46.jpeg
    F517BB5C-1088-4599-AE77-6DDB5310AF46.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sound great!

I'm not sure about feeding none-stop is good, the only reason why I'm saying that is sometime well ... they need to "poop" and there's only 1 hole. But I don't know, it's something I'm going to learn over time with my tubastraea

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 40

So this is what happen after the competition, I left my tank alone to see what would happen, turn out Cyanobacteria went in rampage mode. At some point, I decided it was time to intervene before it gets really bad.

Hope you guys enjoy the video, took a bit of time

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 41

Now the competition is over I took the time to make this fun décor, spider wood, air plants, and some IKEA light creating a very interesting atmosphere :)

If you have suggestions, ideas let me know!

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 43

So there's no way around it, one way or another people would have find out, went into it even if it's the kind of stuff I don't like to share, but it happens.
Hope you still enjoy the making of this video, a bit emotional...

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Episode 51

Finally new fish, I waited a long time on purpose (mostly for stubborn reasons), I made an effort to buy Captive-bred fish and I had a mysterious one in the bag, turn out to be a good story why captive-bred fish is better!

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back