‘Rainbow Bottom’ Anemones are like Nothing We’ve Ever Seen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a brand new anemone that is about to take the reef aquarium world by storm and despite our best efforts, no one seems to know anything about it. These mysterious anemones first appeared in the US at ACI Aquaculture in Tampa Florida and they’ve been generating a growing ruckus since they hit the reef […]
Source

Continue reading...

Christopher Bush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4677-3.jpg
IMG_4687-3.jpg
IMG_4689-3.jpg
These Anemones look absolutely stunning in person! got the chance to see some over at SomethingFISHY (my local fish store here in Orlando Florida) And the pictures don't do them enough justice! I have a feeling that these anemones are going to become the next big thing in the hobby. Jake Adams said it best "this unknown anemone is completely alien in its color and appearance, and it’s got more fluorescence than a box of highlighters" Nice thread guys.

MabuyaQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an Urticina sp. with that warty area below the tentacles.

ReefAddiction34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow! would have snagged that guy in a heart beat! so far I believe they are in the upper 1,000,s everywhere I am looking!
Yea, I wasn’t there when he sold it. But I know the owner well enough, just gonna ask him to pick one up for me when he does his weekly picking. Of course there will need to be a lot of begging involved to make the wife agree... lol

WMR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting & beautiful, but we really don’t have any hard info on them. Are they “ juiced”, has anybody kept them for any length of time? Are they temperate or tropical?Curious to see what the actual care is on this one

Orcus Varuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The morphology of these is similar to cold water species from the genus’ Anthopleura & Urticina. Does anyone have information on the origin waters for these? Are they coming from northern Japan/China? I have never seen a warm water species from these genus’ and would be very concerned about the long term viability of this species in reef aquariums until we know more. I have also heard reports of clowns being hosted in these but have not seen pictures or new research indicating the discovery of a new clown hosting nem.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back