‘Rainbow Bottom’ Anemones are like Nothing We’ve Ever Seen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ours was added in the Reef Pro 230.6 around May of last year-- he is still alive. I call him 'Jesus' because he only rises within the first 3 days after a good water change, and then he disappears back into his cave.

batfish5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ours was added in the Reef Pro 230.6 around May of last year-- he is still alive. I call him 'Jesus' because he only rises within the first 3 days after a good water change, and then he disappears back into his cave.
You mean to tell me that your rainbow nem is almost always hiding?

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i think you are right.Pics and a better description of what is going on here???

It's a predatory anemone, if it isn't being fed often it will likely only extend when there is something in the water to stimulate a feeding response. Stirring up the sand bed during a water change, coral foods etc.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interestingly I saw these for sale about a year ago and haven’t seen them since. I almost bought this one but didn’t as it was new and nothing was known about it.
554B7C3D-E394-4D13-B870-FA04CC10B7DC.jpeg

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i think you are right.Pics and a better description of what is going on here???
Sure thing! It has been doing this since we got him. If you fast forward to the 8 minute 25 second mark, you can see it. We kept it contained in the Frag until moving it over to the 230. I’ll get a video of it next time we do a water change, probably closer to the end of the week.

batfish5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure thing! It has been doing this since we got him. If you fast forward to the 8 minute 25 second mark, you can see it. We kept it contained in the Frag until moving it over to the 230. I’ll get a video of it next time we do a water change, probably closer to the end of the week.

Thanks for video.When you do water change please post video of the rainbow nem when it opens. I am still interested in purchasing one,thanks again!

batfish5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really shouldn't purchase one. Notice the lack of people defending them now...
Yes,you do have a great point! The web is QUIET lol.By the way,I did talk directly to DD person and was told there nems are treated and quarantined before they put them on there website.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes,you do have a great point! The web is QUIET lol.By the way,I did talk directly to DD person and was told there nems are treated and quarantined before they put them on there website.

Yeah, I'll never trust that and neither should you. Their fish are all "quarantined" as well but basically any fish you buy from them will have something, their nems will be no different especially a carpet it's easy for them to get infected after shipping.

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say the popularity in these guys dropped REALLY QUICKLY. I feel like they were all the rage around spring of last year but then quickly diminished.

I’m happy to provide updates on ours— water change is tomorrow, so if I get a peek I will post a picture!

batfish5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say the popularity in these guys dropped REALLY QUICKLY. I feel like they were all the rage around spring of last year but then quickly diminished.

I’m happy to provide updates on ours— water change is tomorrow, so if I get a peek I will post a picture!
THANK YOU!!

batfish5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'll never trust that and neither should you. Their fish are all "quarantined" as well but basically any fish you buy from them will have something, their nems will be no different especially a carpet it's easy for them to get infected after shipping.
I listened to your advice and canceled DD order,thank you!!

batfish5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you do water change on rainbow nem tank?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back