OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine begging for breakfast. Have only had it 2 months but it eats well and is very active. The only other fish in the tank is a lawnmower blenny so there isn't competition for food. I feed PE mysis unrinsed, Hikari mysis, LRS reef frenzy, muscle and clam on half shell. I feed twice daily. It hasn't bothered any coral but I have had no zoas. I'd love to have it in my larger living room tank but wouldn't risk putting in in with my tangs, especially the purple bully. 20220621_094130.jpg
Mine too loves PE Mysis!!! Great menu. Congrats.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention I did no quarantine or treatment of any kind. Plans were for it to be the only fish in the tank so I saw no need to risk it. The blenny was added later due to a hair alage out break.
“SMART”!!!!! :)

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had one before, about a year, it was given to me as "soon to die, it wont eat", but i managed somehow to make him eat all food, specialy mussels, from hand, it requires many hours with hand in tank, until he started to eat, later, it was no problem.

Sadly, he died, my guess that this is not related to food or feeding, rather than very high water temperature combined with power out, so, temp vent above 35C.... Many corals and fish suffered that day, but only he died... Maybe its coincidence...

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention I did no quarantine or treatment of any kind.
Thats why he's still living. They should live at least 10 years and possibly longer. :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats why he's still living. They should live at least 10 years and possibly longer. :)
If you had to spot a trend between what CBBs die and which survive, what would the main thing you spot be?

wotis11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine begging for breakfast. Have only had it 2 months but it eats well and is very active. The only other fish in the tank is a lawnmower blenny so there isn't competition for food. I feed PE mysis unrinsed, Hikari mysis, LRS reef frenzy, muscle and clam on half shell. I feed twice daily. It hasn't bothered any coral but I have had no zoas. I'd love to have it in my larger living room tank but wouldn't risk putting in in with my tangs, especially the purple bully. 20220621_094130.jpg
I have my copperband in my 180 with two yellow tangs, a purple tang, sailfin, blue hippo, foxface, and a naso and he never gets bullied. My sailfin chased him for a couple of hours the first night he was added but they are all fine now. He is the first one at the feeding hole too when I drop the food in lol

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive managed to have decent success with them, but definitely one of the more difficult fish. First 2 attempts lasted a couple weeks/months. 3rd did great and lasted 5+ years. We lost him when the tank got infected with ich. It sucked losing him. 4th lasted a few weeks. And finally the 5th and current one's been in the tank for 6 or 7 years now. My advice for keeping them are heavy feedings, lots of live rock, and a big tank 180g+.

Here he is:
InShot_20220622_213939713.jpg

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive managed to have decent success with them, but definitely one of the more difficult fish. First 2 attempts lasted a couple weeks/months. 3rd did great and lasted 5+ years. We lost him when the tank got infected with ich. It sucked losing him. 4th lasted a few weeks. And finally the 5th and current one's been in the tank for 6 or 7 years now. Here he is:
InShot_20220622_213939713.jpg

Spectacular! Great reef as well. Congrats.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I constantly spot QT as a big factor with CBBs. It seems one’s that aren’t QTed often do better and survive past 6 months compared to the ones that are QTed.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my copperband in my 180 with two yellow tangs, a purple tang, sailfin, blue hippo, foxface, and a naso and he never gets bullied. My sailfin chased him for a couple of hours the first night he was added but they are all fine now. He is the first one at the feeding hole too when I drop the food in lol
The tank is a 180 also. The last fish I added was a 1/2 black mimic tang. The purple tang chased the mimic into a cave and wouldn't let it out. I figured they would sort things out but the mimic was never seen again. The mimic had completed QT and was very healthy. By the time I realized it wasn't going to work I couldn't find the new fish and never did. There is no way I would sentence this beatiful cbb fish to that fate. I'll spend a little extra time in the bedroom enjoying it.

wotis11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is a 180 also. The last fish I added was a 1/2 black mimic tang. The purple tang chased the mimic into a cave and wouldn't let it out. I figured they would sort things out but the mimic was never seen again. The mimic had completed QT and was very healthy. By the time I realized it wasn't going to work I couldn't find the new fish and never did. There is no way I would sentence this beatiful cbb fish to that fate. I'll spend a little extra time in the bedroom enjoying it.
Oh I completely understand that purple tangs can be an butt hole. I must’ve misunderstood your comment. I didn’t realize you were talking about your purple specifically, I thought you were saying purple tangs as a whole

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I completely understand that purple tangs can be an butt hole. I must’ve misunderstood your comment. I didn’t realize you were talking about your purple specifically, I thought you were saying purple tangs as a whole
Mine is just an exceptional mean butt hole. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my first copperband yesterday. Seems my purple tang don’t like him to much :( today little less aggression I sure hope they work it out because it’s such a beautiful fish and immediately went to pecking at the rocks and eating frozen food floating in the water column

wotis11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first ones I tried, I didn't QT and they were eating well and suddenly died very quickly. Like eating and then dead in 8 hours. My next one was QT and it lived.

Idk Shrug GIF by Landon Moss
The CBB I have in my display my brother in law bought pre qt from dr reef fish. He had it in his tank for about six months until he decided to take his tank down. That is when I bought it from him and have had it in my display for about 3 months and he eats like a pig lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back