“Safe Top Lids”???

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever done business with this company before?? I had them making me a custom acrylic lid for my tank but now there website has basically been shut down and there’s no answer when I call. I’ve had lids made before and I know it’s an extensive waiting period so I’m only 4 weeks into this one. Just wondering if I should get my money back thru PayPal now or wait a little bit longer.

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Someone answered the phone. They said they got shut down 2 weeks ago and are looking for a new place to make their Lids. 2 weeks ago?!? You couldn’t call your customers and tell them that? I immediately asked for a refund and he said it should be back in my account within 3 business days. If it’s not then I’ll open a claim with PayPal. This is unreal

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a lid from him a couple months ago. He was great to deal with and surprised me with custom feed doors.
I think he will refund you. Sad to hear the troubles

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a lid from him a couple months ago. He was great to deal with and surprised me with custom feed doors.
I think he will refund you. Sad to hear the troubles

Yeah he seemed very nice to deal with when I was placing my order, talked to him on the phone and everything. But that just rubbed me the wrong way. Even their website is down right now. Guess I’ll have to check elsewhere.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah he seemed very nice to deal with when I was placing my order, talked to him on the phone and everything. But that just rubbed me the wrong way. Even their website is down right now. Guess I’ll have to check elsewhere.

Seems most lid companies are hit and miss.

Octo Aquatics cromag27 make lids and is on reef2reeef. Never got his lid but other stuff and he was quick and quality

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my clearview's classic lid style, have 3 of them now. You have to wait many weeks though as they are backed up with orders. I had some issues with their older Tsunami style (which they say they fixed), they replaced my lids no problem with the classics I requested.

They also ended up moving shop during my order but they did email me to let me know. Seems like a good company.

Roush427R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mesh wasn't fitted tightly in one area and it sags. It's a small area but when you fork out hundreds of dollars for something, it should be done right. He also basically told me to fix it myself. Not a good experience for me.

0322191433.jpg 0322191437_HDR.jpg 0323191237.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Personally- file with Paypal for refund and move forward. Issues arise in business but too many red flags

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got in contact with him about my refund and it was back in my account within 3 business days so no problems here.. just stinks bc now I gotta go thru the same process with ordering one and starting the waiting period all over again

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put a quote request in with them about an hour ago. Glad I came across this thread.

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up go with Clearview Lids? There doesn't seem to be a lot of choices out there for custom built lids.....
I didn't end up buying a lid after all. That money went to livestock lol
I just have the BRS DIY screens on the tank now.

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to their website yesterday 9/12/19 and it was up and running. I then called him but there was no answer but he did call me back later that day. I talked with him about what I wanted and asked for a price. He sent me pictures to my phone and those looked good to me. He is sending me drawings today for me to approve and if I like then I will place the order. He did tell me that he lost the lease on his old location and had to shut down while he moved his equipment to the new location.
He quoted me a price of $350.00 include it shipped. This is for a RedSea Reefer 250 , with front feed door , Auto feeder cut out , and 4 cable cut out back corners and 1 on each side for pumps.

I will update as this goes further

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Safe Top lid and it's great. My tank is 36" x 18", fits perfectly, no sagging, no condensation.

E80C2224-833E-4B3B-97A9-173E4BADF65A.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back