“The Aptasia Cafe” All CBB welcome.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my frag tank is really maturing quickly. Coralline algae certainly dictates a mature tank. I can almost “watch” my sps growing! You know what I mean. A beautiful blue sponge has mysteriously taken up residence as well. What I didn’t really expect was a plague of Aptasias. My display tank doesn’t have even one! Thanks to Bah, my Copperband Butterfly fish. But it wasn’t always like that. There were 5-10 Aptasias when I got Bah over two years ago. He really hunts them out and finds them and devours them. I’m not going to move Bah to the frag tank. But I have already moved some frags into my dt. These frag “once” had little aptasias on them.
So now I see an opportunity to periodically move frags and marine pure balls and egg crate into my dt and let Bah clean them up. Put then back in the frag tank and begin the process all over. CBBs and nutrition seems to be a thing on reef2reef and I’m glad it is.
1. Any similar experiences ?
D519467C-6ACA-4443-B386-5E8D6F751CE8.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are alot if fish that will eat it you could try a specific Aptasia eating philefish or peppermint shrimp i believe will also help.
True, but the added variety and nourishment for my CBB I can’t match. This is free, live food! I might go the peppermint shrimp route. We’ll see.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Glenner’sreef I think it's a pretty awesome to way to make sure you always have a food source for the cbb and it's a natural win win for both of your guys :)
Thanks @AlgaeBarn: believe me I’m not a big Aptasia fan, but strolling into my home office where I keep my frag tank and grabbing a couple of rock mounted frags or marine pure balls and placing them into my dt is a nobrainer. My CBB knows exactly whats happening. These items are clean by the end of the day. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back