★ 110 Gallon (In-Wall Office Dream SPS Reef Tank) ★ PROJECT GENESIS [Total Automation, DIY & More ]★

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Wally - POTM is on gobies! You should submit a pic
Cool. Thanks @tenurepro
I'll try and get a good photo. Perfect timing since a bit easier in QT.

BTW. The link to the YouTube video with your grow is a dud. It points to editor which brings up my own vids.
Repost again since I want to compare you Paxman growth.

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Thanks @tenurepro
I'll try and get a good photo. Perfect timing since a bit easier in QT.

BTW. The link to the YouTube video with your grow is a dud. It points to editor which brings up my own vids.
Repost again since I want to compare you Paxman growth.

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank @tenurepro , that Video I've seen before, but now it's great to watch again.

You Pacman certainly took on quite a different shape at the beginning, then it stretched.
Probably we have different circulation, and other factors.
This helps me understand a bit how my Future will be on the PanMan. I bet it will grow WIDE, but you never know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the Goby POTM. These neons are too plain compared to the first few submission. I got no chance, but worth just getting a photo in.

Today I tried like 60 Photos.

THEY NEVER STAND STILL for long, and when they do. Bad POSE!!
And catching them FOCUSED while bobbing like they do, will take a few more hundred tries.

I got some Pair Shots, but none came out.

This is the best I got so far.

46131096445_da8ff9e43e_k.jpg

They look really Cool when they Face forward towards you (while in mid water). Another IMPOSSIBLE to focus photo.

Will keep trying.

AT LEAST THEY ALL LOOK (REALLY HEALTHY)

Last edited:
OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE (CO2 Scrubber) VS (KALK) RESULTS

The CO2-Scrubber has given me some improvement on PH in my SPS Tank. Not much and Certainly not worth spending money on Media. Nice Trial. Will stop when Media runs out.

I did start up the KALK reactor on my Other 90 Gallon LPS Tank. Just started, and it's already doing way better, for way cheaper.

Here is how things look. (NOTE: the PH probe for Kalk testing is in SUMP, so a bit spikey as top up's happen. My Portable PH probe shows Stable around 8.2 in the TANK)
2019-02-11_CO2-ScrubberVSKalk-SPS.jpg

2019-02-11_CO2-ScrubberVSKalk-BAS.jpg

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think yours is one of the better ones. If you had a picture of him cleaning your angel or your tang you'd be a shoe-in
HA!! I couldn't even get a single photo of one up Floating in the Water Column, in a tiny 10 Gal QT. When they swim they never stop. Kind of bob up and down continuously.
Got that photo on the PVC pipe, since they would land there every so often.
Would be impossible to get a photo on a Tang in Motion. Maybe 1000+ more attempt, but even that would be a long shot.
But I do look forward to SUNDAY when they go into DT and start freaking out the Fish with cleaning attempts. ( had cleaner shrimps but NEVER a cleaner Fish)

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the good news is they won't harass your fish, it'll be the other way around! A buddy of mine ended up with one and his bristletooth tang stops by every 30-45 minutes all day, every day.

Although you will very much enjoy watching them hop on fish to catch a ride to the other side of the tank. Huge personality.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@tenurepro ,

Did another Tank Transfer on the Gobies.

No more meds in this Tank.

They look Clean as a Whistle. Maybe this Photo might be good enough for POTM upload?

33212846598_489c068102_h.jpg
This is awesome!!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOW!!!
What a pleasant surprise!! I never would have ever expected you to pop in on this thread and make such a nice comment.
I am honored.
THANK YOU.
Haha! Thanks @WallyB. :D I am really enjoying your build thread. I'll continue to follow along.

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scared him away last time
Now you RUINED Everything @Rakie .

You spoke up and showed you are still around (here).
He keeps hiding from you, but you are everywhere with that Haunting SIGNATURE.

@mdbannister will never COME BACK!!

Too bad. He'll never get to see my Next Tank De-Stabilization Project.

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KALK Reactor/Stirrer (MOD) for Dual TANK KALK

Hard to explain everything, so Pictures should help.

My Kalk Reactor is currently doing ATO Kalk on my LPS tank.
It's not POSSIBLE to do TWO ATO if you think about how it works (Can't split pressure into two places, without extra AUTO Values).

However I don't want to do ATO for my SPS tank since I wish to Combine A/B dosing with KALK.

THIS (Mod) SOLVES EVERYTHING.

2019-02-15_KalkSPS-CapMOD.jpg

Basically for the SPS tank (Dripping Kalk will be done with my Spare Doser Head). It will Draw Saturated KALK from the TOP of the Reactor. (So has access to about 1 GALLON of Saturated KALK).

The ATO KALK on LPS TANK will work just like always using my TUNZE ATO PUMP with Level Sensors. (IT will keep the Kalk Reactor Full, if any Drip Kalk is removed)

2019-02-15_KalkSPS-CapMOD-Installed.jpg

To figure out How much (MAX) KALK I can Drip I need to know my Evaporation Rate. (Thus the Camera).
YUP I could just wait overnight, and fill up manually to know 24 Hour Rate, but I want to watch if Evap Rate Changes over 24hours.

Goal for knowing Evap Rate, is I can drip KALK more ideally:

(Target PH dips, Smooth things out, and blend with A/B Dosing Times)...MY DIY Doser can Custom Dose any way I want.

Once I know that, I can use @Rakie 's idea to use the Calculator (A/B VS KALK), and find a sweet spot between the two ALK/CALC top ups.
(BASICALLY REDUCE A/B dosing for same amount I ADD KALK...To Match Current Alkalinty Consumption.)

I wonder If I'll have to add a Dosing Head for a PART 3 (for Magnesium). Since KALK has no MAG, and A/B will be Balanced for MAG on A/B volume.

Well see. (IS THIS OVERKILL analysis? Possibly)
MOST IMPORTANT THING.... IS I don't want to take any RISKS on messing up SPS TANK.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 132 59.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.5%
Back