★ 110 Gallon (In-Wall Office Dream SPS Reef Tank) ★ PROJECT GENESIS [Total Automation, DIY & More ]★

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DECK FLOWERS (Irrigation Upgrade) VENTURI

I added Auto Watering a couple years ago for my Deck Flowers, since I would kill them each year missing watering on Hot Day, or away for a week.
That kept the Flowers Alive. They grew OK even with Weekly Feedings.

This year I added a Venturi to mix in the Miracle Grow Food Automatically on Each Feeding (Much Less but more often)
https://www.amazon.ca/Garden-Irrigation-Venturi-Fertilizer-Injector/dp/B07C67Q2GN/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=venturi+irrigation&qid=1563026106&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Barely a Month.....By end of summer, I'll probably have to prune.

I did add wires to ensure hanging Strength (Last year two baskets Fell from Weight)

48272372301_f2144f565c_o.jpg

I wish there was a MIRACLE Grow (One Part) for Corals.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LAST of the 3 ( FRAG TANK) Leftover SPS and Cyphastreas

Till the Frag Tank Matures, and I get The Tank Mate Doser Build, this will do.....

48273600622_aaa4faac32_b.jpg

and NOW the MOST IMPORTANT THING.

HANDS OUT, HANDS OFF, and NO CHANGES!!

May God Give me Strength.

WallyB.

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where AUTOMATION (Has it's Drawbacks) :(

I used to Spot Water my Tomato Plants, but I converted to Automated Irrigation (for Less Work).

Garden is GROWING (EVERYTHING NOW!!)

Somewhere there are 4 Tomato Plants, Lost in the WEEDS!!! (I hate Garden Weeding!!....So I don't do it)

2019-07-13_TomatoGardenAutomation.jpg

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BORED ( Can't Mess with TANKs) Messing around with Camera

I'll need a new Hobby soon.....

Till then, some Fish Photo's

The BLUE GREEN Chromis ( Keeps Growing and earning his name "JUMBO")
If he keep growing much more....I'll renaming him to "TUNA"

48275198952_05184ec815_h.jpg

The BLACK CAP BASSLET

48275419907_723d53bf15_b.jpg

Carriberryi Anthias ( I bought 12 all together.... hoping a few made it thru QT.... to have a school/Shoal.... ONLY One Made it)
48275346446_7df133aaf2_b.jpg

Wanatabei Angel ( Had a Pair in QT....One Jumped out)
48275331991_2bba88f070_b.jpg

COPPERBAND BUTTERFLY ( No Aptasia in DT. Stays up 24/7 Like me)
48275348961_20929935e6_c.jpg

The Helfrichi Firefish ( Next to the Citrus Shroom and the Stem Cycloseris/Fungia plate coral )

48275503651_4b88de1c36_b.jpg

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THE BOREDOM has ENDED!! (( *** CAUTION GRAPHIC MATERIAL *** )))

I had a hunch this would happen. THE COPPERBAND in Frag Tank Died.

Photo shows what appears him getting caught in the Maspect Gyre Pump (but he just got Drawn in after he died).
2019-07-13_CopperbandDead.jpg
After he got ICH in QT, I treated with Copper. He got cured and was eatting Frozen after Training (Like Crazy).

Then I put him in the LPS Tank with the MEAN Angel who cornered him for a week (till I pulled him out and moved to Frag Tank).

He never Ate after the Move to DT.
I loaded the Frag Tank with Copepods, and fed them Phytoplankton to the point my Frag plugs are covered in Pods.

I guess either the Copper Treatment Damaged his organs, or he just couldn't handle the abuse from the Angel.

Too Bad. He was Perfect for the Frag Tank (Since an Wrasse would need a lid).
At least he did his Duty and rid the Tank of the Tiny Aptasia.

I won't be getting another Fish to QT during Summer break. Too busy.

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't like that post..... Sorry :(
Thanks for the word of support. I accept this more than a typical Freak Accident (which I don't this this was), but am not happy at all.

And thanks for NOT LIKING. Some folks just Like when it's bad News too. To me that doesn't make sense.

JUST TO BE Clear. THE Copperband in my SPS Tank (Photo Above) DID NOT DIE. (That would make me very upset)
This was the 2nd New Copperband.

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely loving this tank.
Thanks @NY_Caveman. It is a big improvement from even just recent past.

It's still healing as you can see some LPS Stumps that are trying pop their Polyps out.

I'm actually puzzled about my LPS in General and I think it's a SIDE EFFECT of LED lighting.
When I originally grew LPS (like Crazy) in MH or JUST T5 (it was Lights ON, or LIGHTS OFF).

Now with Ramp ups/downs on LED (Kessel and One G1 Radion). The LPS start shutting down on Ramp Down lighting (like Clock Work).
That's a drawback since with ON/OFF lighting, you watch your LPS down to the last minute (in FULL OPEN BLOOM).

I actually called my Favorite Store that Sold me the LPS, and he has tons. Same thing happens to him (they shut down on ramp down)

I'm actually going to try an change my Programming to RAMP UP ONLY (somehow).

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tank Mate (Reminder Code) KICKING MY Butt!!

I'm starting to LOVE/HATE my Tank Mate Minder Feature.

Don't have to think about things I HAVE to Do. The Auto Scheduled ALERTS keep me on my Toes, and Nag me when I fall behind.

More importantly for my Ichy Hands (THINGS I should NOT DO YET), Like Add Aminos (allowed only every 4th days), or Feed LPS Tank (once a Week)

I added another Reminder (since I just Changed a Pair of T5's for the New SPS Residents) so I change a Pair Every 6 Months.

Tonight I have to do Full Water Tests on Two Tanks. (Because I missed doing Yesterday)

2019-07-14_TankMateMinderCodeReminders.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Tank & Set Up, very detailed
Thanks @Allan3,
The Odd compliment like yours is Spirit Lifting !!
Makes the efforts on the Systems and to document on the Forums just a little easier....
Especially when Frag Tank and SPS Tank has been a struggle. (and I Hope things will get better based on my Next Post News)

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FANTASTIC NEWS!!! ( *DAILY * Auto Triple Tank Water Changes ) Showing POSITIVE RESULTS on Week 4 [ Water Tests ]

I forced myself to do Full Water Tests....All 3 tanks.

This WhiteBoard tracking Chart that I started when the 3 Tank Water Changer was TURNED ON, is probably meaningless/confusing to all of you...
2019-07-14_AllWaterTests.jpg

The CHART had nothing to show me for 4 weeks (except to adjust dosing) TILL TODAY!!

SUMMARY:

-> THE SPS TANK Water is Approaching PERFECT TARGETS (Alk,Calc,Mag), and Holding Stable (No Spikes up, or Swings)
-> The Daily Recycled Chain Water Changes have value downstream.

1A) Phosphates are stable and approaching Targets in (Most Important: SPS TANK)......WITH GFO (RowaPhos) changed every other Week (PhosGuard used before is Junk)
1B) The (SPS Tanks lower Phosphates) are trickling into the (smaller FRAG TANK) and keeping Phosphates in Check (WITHOUT GFO)

2) The LPS Tank is Just Stable on all Parameters (Corals show results)....[ ** Using re-cycled Water ** ]

3) Frag Tank is getting Nutrients/TraceElements from SPS tank ( Frags not perfect, but hanging in there)...Big change from Total Failure on Frag Tank in past.

4) NEVER BEFORE!! In 3 Years. (SPS TANK) Have my Nitrates dropped below 25 ppm (with the Amount I feed Fish, Even if I did Large/Massive Water Changes, once a week or Monthly)

MY NITRATES on SPS Tank Nicely dropped from Above 50 to Just under 25, and looks close to Above 10ppm.
(NO Carbon Dosing, No AquaForest NP BioS, no Carbon in system)...Skimmer Running, but it slowed down.

The Water CHANGER has value,
and should continue to improve/stabilize things in all 3 Tanks.. over more time/iterations.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @NY_Caveman. It is a big improvement from even just recent past.

It's still healing as you can see some LPS Stumps that are trying pop their Polyps out.

I'm actually puzzled about my LPS in General and I think it's a SIDE EFFECT of LED lighting.
When I originally grew LPS (like Crazy) in MH or JUST T5 (it was Lights ON, or LIGHTS OFF).

Now with Ramp ups/downs on LED (Kessel and One G1 Radion). The LPS start shutting down on Ramp Down lighting (like Clock Work).
That's a drawback since with ON/OFF lighting, you watch your LPS down to the last minute (in FULL OPEN BLOOM).

I actually called my Favorite Store that Sold me the LPS, and he has tons. Same thing happens to him (they shut down on ramp down)

I'm actually going to try an change my Programming to RAMP UP ONLY (somehow).
Sometimes when I write Idea's out Loud, it helps.
My Experiement with LESS LEDS Fluxuation may be working on my RECOVERING LPS.
In just one day (after taking out the Mid Day OFF on the LEDS, while the T5's were on) resulted in my FROGPAWN opening up more than last few months.
Too Early come to conclusion (that it was lighting change shock)....., (it may be that I fed the Tank Last night) but I'm taking photos and will show results in a few days.
Thanks @NY_Caveman being someone to bounce a thought off.

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY LPS Tank ( Has NO PLACE for BULLY Fish) however ( LOTS OF ROOM, for Aptasia Eatting Copperband ) TAKING ACTION

Today after Spot Treating some Aptasia in my LPS Tank (with Aptasia-X). Just the Aptasia that are growing too close to Sting Corals......

I realized that the Copperband I tried to put in the Tank, would have been ideal.

The Angel didn't want to place nice........and allow in a friendly fish.

So Cumsee-Cumsa

2019-07-15_AngelTrapLPStank.jpg

I'm going to get Rid of the Angel (
with the Fish Trap, or any other means needed)......
........Where he goes, I'll decide after catch (Certainly won't be SPS Tank).

The Spot Breast Angel was so Cute and Pretty when I got him a few years ago.

2019-07-15_SpotBreastAngelYoung.jpg

He grew up a bit in SPS Tank and still was nice (but he started showing his Aggression/Power, that is why he ended up in the LPS tank to Control the Bickering Blue Green Chromis School)

2019-07-15_1-SpotBreastAngel2.jpg

Then he went FULLY to the DARK SIDE....
..................and hurt my Copperband Friend

...................................(after I cured his illness in QT, and hand trained him to eat)
2019-07-15_SpotBreastAngelNow.jpg

I can't forgive him for that.....

My Mind is Set. He is out!!

(After I catch the Angel.....I may make the effort to QT another Copperband even during my Summer Break)

and, I gong to keep a close eye on the
Blue Wanatabei Angel as he grow up more... (since he is from Same Species SWALLOWTAIL ANGELFISH).
Maybe I'm lucky since Opposite Gender.

Last edited:

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY LPS Tank ( Has NO PLACE for BULLY Fish) however ( LOTS OF ROOM, for Aptasia Eatting Copperband ) TAKING ACTION

Today after Spot Treating some Aptasia in my LPS Tank (with Aptasia-X). Just the Aptasia that are growing too close to Sting Corals......

I realized that the Copperband I tried to put in the Tank, would have been ideal.

The Angel didn't want to place nice........and allow in a friendly fish.

So Cumsee-Cumsa

2019-07-15_AngelTrapLPStank.jpg

I'm going to get Rid of the Angel (
with the Fish Trap, or any other means needed)......
........Where he goes, I'll decide after catch (Certainly won't be SPS Tank).

The Spot Breast Angel was so Cute and Pretty when I got him a few years ago.

2019-07-15_SpotBreastAngelYoung.jpg

He grew up a bit in SPS Tank and still was nice (but he started showing his Aggression/Power, that is why he ended up in the LPS tank to Control the Bickering Blue Green Chromis School)

2019-07-15_1-SpotBreastAngel2.jpg

Then he went FULLY to the DARK SIDE....
..................and hurt my Copperband Friend

...................................(after I cured his illness in QT, and hand trained him to eat)
2019-07-15_SpotBreastAngelNow.jpg

I can't forgive him for that.....

My Mind is Set. He is out!!

(After I catch the Angel.....I may make the effort to QT another Copperband even during my Summer Break)

and, I gong to keep a close eye on the
Blue Wanatabei Angel as he grow up more... (since he is from Same Species SWALLOWTAIL ANGELFISH).
Maybe I'm lucky since Opposite Gender.
Never had any luck with Angel's. Once had a flame angle that took over as tank boss and was the biggest jerk ever!

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had any luck with Angel's. Once had a flame angle that took over as tank boss and was the biggest jerk ever!
I hear you. But he was sooooo Cute as a baby :) .

Now let's see how Cute he looks in the Trap. (IF HE FITS?.....Kind of tight)
2019-07-15_AngelTrapSize.jpg

The Flame Hawk fish Already tried two attempts to get into Trap.

Angel is being really Cautious. He smells Food, but also my Plan.

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angelfish HUNT (Update) He went into the Trap (However....)

I never have had patience to Catch a fish in a Trap......takes lots of waiting and watching....

Yet after a few BAIT FEEDINGS.......

He ACTUALLY FULLY ENTERED THE TRAP.....(only a bit of tail was sticking out)

But I didn't have the string in my hand ..... arrrrghh!!

[[ The Trap Barely Fits him....SO THERE MAY BE some Serious Head Banging when the TRAP DOOR encloses him.....
(heee hee)....I'm not mean to any of my creatures....But Bullies need a Taste of their own medicine (and I won't spend more money on a more Comfy Trap....Unless it's needed to catch him ]]

He will get Hungrier, and he will gain more trust in the Trap.......(Since I won't drop the door till I'm sure it's a Catch)

It's just a matter of time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BINGO!! Caught the Angel ( I'm off to the Fish Store ) MAN THAT WAS EXCITING!!!

Caught him just a few minutes ago.

2019-07-16_AngelFishCaught1.jpg

Sparks flew when the Trap Door Dropped, but he quickly calmed down and just started Eatting (since he was Starved)

2019-07-16_AngelFishCaught2.jpg

I called ahead and Store will Take him.

Now I can get some New Fish ( a few ) and Fresh up / Color up /// FRIENDLY UP the LPS TANK.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PERFECT ENDING ( Bit Batch of Copperband Butterfly Fish at Store )

First BIG THANKS to @tenurepro who lent me the First Trap.

I just got back from LFS (Angel Taken) and Great News is they have a Tank full of Copperband Butterflies, all sizes. (They are on Sale too!!)
Exactly what I want..... to Replace the Copperband that Died. A perfect Trade.

Might even go bigger. Most important is one that is Already Eatting.
He will go straight in QT and I'll do Tank Transfer Method.

Tonight setting up QT, Tomorrow Picking a Copperband.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 93 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back