★ 110 Gallon (In-Wall Office Dream SPS Reef Tank) ★ PROJECT GENESIS [Total Automation, DIY & More ]★

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When shutting down my tank, I had the news that my new country of destination was going to be Vietnam.
Now many things have changed and in 2 months I will go with the family to Gdansk in Poland. This at least till the rest of the year.
What a coincidence!
@Janci,

Now that is Cool.
You must fill me in when you get to Poland and settle in. I haven't been to Poland for like 30+ years.
It has modernized quite since those Communist days, and plenty of High Tech Educated Folks.
I speak Fluent Polish, and maybe you'll learn a few words. I can teach you the Important 4 Letter Ones :)
PLAN to Gain Weight, Polish Food is Amazing. Good Beer too.....Just Stay away from the Vodka.

Plus you will be really close to Germany and have access to Best Reef Aquarium Technology/Supplies.
Coral/Fish Supply might have been better in Vietnam.

And you were Correct that Photo was Russian Lab Looking
It was the Blue Tooth Keyboard looked like a OLD TeleType Machine)

I build All my Controllers with LED Lighting, for the High Tech Look.

This is a more appropriate "Year 2020" COLOR photo. (With a Bit of Frankenstein touch)

2020-03-01_FishRoomAquaMon.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Laurenson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DOUBLE Copperband Deaths (Two Separate Tanks) has me thinking.
One tank didn't have any more Aptasia, but the LPS still does.

Why the instant two death timing.

I have no clue when it happened.
I never saw a weak copperband floating around that would catch my attention.

WONDER IS THERE is ANOTHER REASON.

My Brother in Law gave me 3 packets of Never Opened Frozen Food a couple of week ago.
Mysis, Frozen Brine, and Blood worms.

Both Packet of Frozen Food always kept frozen (all sealed except one slightly used), but at least 4 years old
I thought since sealed and frozen it would be fine.

I used a bit of the (opened) Blood worm thinking Copperband would eat it.
Other fish must have eatten the Mysis and brine, but not so much the tiny bit of Blood worm I added.

Kind of weird to have two copperbands Starve at same time.
It may have been within the last two weeks when I got the OLD food. Or maybe earlier but I never noticed.
I think they may be very sensitive to toxins in the water. I believe i have seen a copperband die from nicotine poisoning (vaping in the same room as the tank). Also another from a small amount of undercured polyester resin added to a fish tank.

OP
OP
WallyB

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they may be very sensitive to toxins in the water. I believe i have seen a copperband die from nicotine poisoning (vaping in the same room as the tank). Also another from a small amount of undercured polyester resin added to a fish tank.
Thanks for you rreply. I never figured out the cause of Copperband Deaths. I did stop using the old food.
I did eventually replace both Copperbands and they have been doing fine for months.

Back