☆☆☆ Official 2023 Battlecorals Selection Poll ☆☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

☆☆ 2023 Battlecoral Grow-Out Poll ☆☆

• Houdini

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • Rainbow's Army

Votes: 53 38.1%
  • Miss Scarlet

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Reading Rainbow Tenuis

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • Space Laser

Votes: 24 17.3%
  • SWK Invalida

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Greg C Efflo

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Corpse of Helltrollsmen Man

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many participants will be able to join this grow out?
So Adam and I have been trying to consult the Oracles on this very line of thought... Estimate is 50 of our very clear winner, Rainbow's Army...

Then we will append a second, simultaneous growout for the second place runner up in the poll. Both will be separate but run the same timelines, separate prizing, separate thread.

Altogether, I would say we have a spot for anyone and everyone interested, so watch for that sign-up coming on the 15th!

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not my pic but beleive it to be bubbas “ bc space laserrrr !!

Attachments

• C8DDEAE6-3039-4DBC-9AFD-AED28B8FB2BC.png
    C8DDEAE6-3039-4DBC-9AFD-AED28B8FB2BC.png
    578.2 KB · Views: 33

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was kind of shocked the space laser wasn’t winning.. it is a tiny bit older though and many probably already have it in their collection
Nah the army’s been Around way longer actually that was one of my earliest pieces in fact. I was just as surprised the laser didn’t dominate though. Thought it would be a landslide

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainbow's Army has more unique colors, in my opinion. It pops more, at least in these photos, when viewed side by side.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StatelineReefer can you give a quick rundown for me on this?
when you go live with spots to fill for the contest, do we pay at that time or later when all spots are filled? Do we wait until all spots are filled before the colony is fragged and prepping to ship?
I’m just working around a tank upgrade/transfer and really curious.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Essentially it works like this. Once we have all the contestants lined up and locked in, I’ll send each of you a link to a hidden page on the site to complete purchase.

At this time it looks like the rainbows army will be the first choice and the good news is I have all the frags cut already, so by the end of February they will all be nicely uniform and we’ll encrusted:)

in fact I don’t think I’ve ever been this ahead of the curve for a contest yet:) this one’s going to be great.

Anyway. Once the orders are completed, I’ll be in direct contact with you to set up shipping. (Late feb early march) The only reason I’d like to hold off till late Feb or early March to ship is to avoid as many potential shipping issues as possible.

in the meantime, I am working hard on swag for you guys including stickers and shirts and even a custom ruler for measuring frags for this one:) it’s awesome.

I will also start preparing the frags for the second contest as soon as the selection has been made, and all the same details apply to the second contest as well. As far as shipping and stuff.

Please let me know if anyone has any further questions at all.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Essentially it works like this. Once we have all the contestants lined up and locked in, I’ll send each of you a link to a hidden page on the site to complete purchase.

At this time it looks like the rainbows army will be the first choice and the good news is I have all the frags cut already, so by the end of February they will all be nicely uniform and we’ll encrusted:)

in fact I don’t think I’ve ever been this ahead of the curve for a contest yet:) this one’s going to be great.

Anyway. Once the orders are completed, I’ll be in direct contact with you to set up shipping. (Late feb early march) The only reason I’d like to hold off till late Feb or early March to ship is to avoid as many potential shipping issues as possible.

in the meantime, I am working hard on swag for you guys including stickers and shirts and even a custom ruler for measuring frags for this one:) it’s awesome.

I will also start preparing the frags for the second contest as soon as the selection has been made, and all the same details apply to the second contest as well. As far as shipping and stuff.

Please let me know if anyone has any further questions at all.
Awesome! Tomorrow is the sign up day I believe?

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StatelineReefer can you give a quick rundown for me on this?
when you go live with spots to fill for the contest, do we pay at that time or later when all spots are filled? Do we wait until all spots are filled before the colony is fragged and prepping to ship?
I’m just working around a tank upgrade/transfer and really curious.
Looks like Adam handled this one.

Tomorrow is sign-up day, 15th of January. Even though the poll runs until the end of the month, Rainbow's Army seems to be the clear winner.

Right now Space Laser is the runner up, though that could always change.

I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping SWK Invalida would have picked up more traction, it's a beautiful fast growing coral under most lighting conditions.

I will announce the rules and conditions tomorrow in the sign-up thread.

I am SO ready for this.

What have you all done to prep for this contest?!

Did you read up on some of Dana Riddles articles? Consulted Randy Holmes-Farley's water chemistry section for tips to improve growth and coloration? Send in an ICP test?

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have you all done to prep for this contest?!

Did you read up on some of Dana Riddles articles? Consulted Randy Holmes-Farley's water chemistry section for tips to improve growth and coloration? Send in an ICP test?
Umm no. None of that….
200.gif

Back