☆☆☆ Official 2023 Battlecorals Selection Poll ☆☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

☆☆ 2023 Battlecoral Grow-Out Poll ☆☆

• Houdini

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • Rainbow's Army

Votes: 53 38.1%
  • Miss Scarlet

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Reading Rainbow Tenuis

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • Space Laser

Votes: 24 17.3%
  • SWK Invalida

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Greg C Efflo

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • Corpse of Helltrollsmen Man

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Four More Days until I open the official sign-up thread!!!

season 4 skill crane GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Opening for both runner up too ?

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opening for both runner up too ?
Runner Up coral selection will be done when the entries for the winning coral have been filled.

Adam and I have been preparing for the eventuality of a second grow out contest, it's an exciting prospect, so keep those votes coming in!

Leonardo Dicaprio Vote GIF by Global Citizen

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Runner Up coral selection will be done when the entries for the winning coral have been filled.

Adam and I have been preparing for the eventuality of a second grow out contest, it's an exciting prospect, so keep those votes coming in!

Leonardo Dicaprio Vote GIF by Global Citizen
ive been looking for previous grow out winners. can anyone post were they would be?

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gotta to give participation trophies, a couple contests simultaneous, growth, color, and first place t shirts to everyone to prevent agony over competition, a thing that our government started last century where no one is a winner because everyone is a winner. First place is what you win if you don't pan out in the growth or color competitions. :)

I just went shopping for a mint green coral, comes Wednesday,,,! Also, can we have an explaination of name:

"Corpse of Helltrollsmen Man"​

Makes me think of my ex-wifes mother, (and I swear I don't know if she is buried or where if she is :) )

Thanks Adam. The rumor of a contest has legs!

Studying Kim Kardashian GIF by E!
Whos going to keep track of the results?
Ha!

You guy’s honestly, this is such a good coral for a grow out. Really hardy and super fast growing. I think you guys would have a ton of action with this guy. For what it’s worth!

as for the name. This was back when I was really starting to not give a crap about being even the least bit serious about naming and stuff

but, I ran a hilarious drawing contest to honor this ridiculous piece years ago and it was awesome!

Here’s a link. the winning drawing would definitely go on a shirt and stickers for you guys too:)

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And check this out! Here's the final design for the official measuring device of Batlecorals grout contests from now on! All contestants will get one with your frag.

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 8.31.32 AM.png
I want that, how much are they?
:)
Edit : Wait, that’s not the real color, can we get a picture under blues?

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
And check this out! Here's the final design for the official measuring device of Batlecorals grout contests from now on! All contestants will get one with your frag.

I feel like someone is going to use this for "other" things ...

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I want that, how much are they?
:)
Edit : Wait, that’s not the real color, can we get a picture under blues?
Lol. Right!

official measuring device will be included with purchase of contest frag:).

I was thinking people can just use a pencil to mark the date? so it could be erased easily any other thought on that?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I always assumed anything "extra" is bad for a tank? No leeching or chemicals? I even worry about floating bags with sharpie on them lol!
I hate when they use those metal bag ties. . . if the metal touches the water for even a second. . .

ITS GAME OVER MAN!

but for real, I will put the bags in such a way that the metal isn't in the water cause I get super paranoid!

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always assumed anything "extra" is bad for a tank? No leeching or chemicals? I even worry about floating bags with sharpie on them lol!
The only chemicals in most dry erase markers are isopropyl alcohol, ethyl alcohol, and a silicone polymer binder for the pigments. The alcohols dry leaving the silicone behind, and because the silicone isn't readily water soluble, there's nothing to stay in the tank.

Pencil lead is graphite, which is carbon, and will also likewise not be hazardous to the tank inhabitants.

Rest assured I would never endorse someone put anything sketchy into their water.

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate when they use those metal bag ties. . . if the metal touches the water for even a second. . .

ITS GAME OVER MAN!

but for real, I will put the bags in such a way that the metal isn't in the water cause I get super paranoid!
Exactly see this one gets it!
Well what yall are telling me makes me feel 1000x better. Chemistry b

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trying to decide if I want to be part of 3 grow-out contest with BC :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I would like to be part of at least 2 :D. Especially now since a ruler is at play lol

James G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Not only is the demand high for Adam and his @Battlecorals, now he is hitting it big in the coral supply industry! A true icon of the industry! Keep up the good work!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back