☆☆ - Official 2023 Battlecorals Grow Out Contest Sign Up Thread - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys. I am sorry for the back and forth. I just got killed on the math for the blood bank contest and was a little gun shy here lol. Mostly do to actual shipping costs reaching closer to 60.00 these days. Just didn’t leave much wiggle room for me unfortunately.

Anyway . I Will definitely honor the flat 125.00 entry fee for the army contest. Which will include the frag, 35 flat rate shipping, all shipping materials, and contribution to the prizes.

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I am sorry for the back and forth. I just got killed on the math for the blood bank contest and was a little gun shy here lol. Mostly do to actual shipping costs reaching closer to 60.00 these days. Just didn’t leave much wiggle room for me unfortunately.

Anyway . I Will definitely honor the flat 125.00 entry fee for the army contest. Which will include the frag, 35 flat rate shipping, all shipping materials, and contribution to the prizes.
Look at this guy! Makein sure we have enough left to add-on to the order! ;)

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That’s very awesome of you! I’ve heard people raving on your stuff for a while now but I don’t guess I’ve ever looked at your site. Amazing stuff I’m seeing! I’m getting really excited now.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For future contests having variable pricing based on which frag ultimately wins the vote would make sense, especially when frag value can range from ~$80-200. Or maybe a lower entry free contest and a separate high roller's contest with frags to vote on chosen accordingly. A beginner's contest with only the hardiest corals could be appealing or a Master's contest with only the most difficult/finicky frags would be interesting. You could really have some fun with it.

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For future contests having variable pricing based on which frag ultimately wins the vote would make sense, especially when frag value can range from ~$80-200. Or maybe a lower entry free contest and a separate high roller's contest with frags to vote on chosen accordingly. A beginner's contest with only the hardiest corals could be appealing or a Master's contest with only the most difficult/finicky frags would be interesting. You could really have some fun with it.
I love this idea, and it will be something we look into going forward.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love this idea, and it will be something we look into going forward.
yes absolutely. really good idea! I honestly cant believe we haven't thought of this yet lol. We do get better with every contest though as far as organizing and execution and always welcome any and all feedback to help make things better.

will definitely employ this next time. thanks a lot for the input.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back