☆☆ - Official 2023 Battlecorals Grow Out Contest Sign Up Thread - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At Midnight, January 15th, 2023, I officially invite you all to join the BattleCorals 2023 Grow Out Contest.

First, a correction and an apology on my behalf. Initially, I wanted to make this as accessible as possible to everybody, this included financially. I offered entry plus entry kit at 125 with free shipping. I am sorry to have failed you on that aspect, and though I wished to make it happen even up until my post today, I was unable to make that a possibility. I take responsibility for that, because I was told as near as a week ago this wasn't feasable, and I made no correction. Please accept my humblest of apologies, and thank you to @LOVEROCK who reminded me that I should have come forth on this oversight sooner.

Our current winning selection, by a wide margin, is the Acropora Sarmentosa called Rainbow's Army!

Official Rules

All entry submissions must include a clear photo of the Rainbow's Army frag, next to the included BattleCorals Official Measurement Tool. Entry should also include water parameters of Salinity, Calcium, and Alkalinity, optional parameters of Nitrate, Phosphate, and Magnesium may also be included for completeness.

Entries must be submitted before the end of the month, each month, beginning in April.

Two non-consecutive months may be taken without an entry. If you plan to miss a month, notify me by PM @StatelineReefer by the 15th of that month to avoid the reminder.

I will remind entrants that have not submitted their offical entries by PM on the 21st of the month.

An initial 'Zero' measurement must be registered within 7 days of recieving the frag.

If your frag does not survive the initial 7 days after recieving, please contact Adam @Battlecorals, and pending availability, a replacement will be issued, or your entry will be shifted to the round 2 runner up event, entirely at the discretion of Battlecorals.

Entry Fee is $125.00 USD
Shipping will be $35.00 and includes:

one (1) Rainbow's Army frag.

1673755763803.png
one (1) Custom Ruler for measuring official entries
1673763022011.png

There will probably be more goodies in your box as well, but you can guarantee that with an Add-on package!

All add-ons will include the Rainbow's Army Grow Out Contest Tee-Shirt.

-For just $225 more ($350 total) you can upgrade your entry with an additional 5 corals, for a total of 6, this will ship free!

-For just $325 more ($450 total) you can upgrade your entry to an 8/10 piece battlebox! that's 7 to 9 more frags sent along with your entry frag, also includes free shipping!

And you can contact Adam when you submit your entry for the battlebox I'm calling the Impossible Choices collection, which is one of each of the corals voted on, Houdini, Rainbow's Army, Miss Scarlet, Reading Rainbow Tenuis, Space Laser, SWK Invalida, Greg C Efflo, and Corpse of Helltrollsman Man, an 8 frag pack for 499.00, entry included to either your choice of Round One or Round Two, shipping included, my gratitude included!

Post below to be entered into the contest, and be sure to select Round One or Round Two in your post. Round 1 will be Rainbow's Army, Round 2 will be the second place selected in the poll here:

Adam will send you a link to the special category for this entry.

You may add on any of the unique add-ons to make this an extra special deal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prizing will depend on the number of entries, capped at 50, to be announced in March.

1st place: Battlebox valued at $1000.00 USD
Judged on raw growth, measured in inches
2nd place: Battlebox valued at $500.00 USD
Judged on raw growth, measured in inches
Best In Class: $300 Battlecorals Gift Card.
Judged on coloration, growth and growth pattern, and steady, recordable, teachable methodology.

All three winners will be selected by R2R poll from a pool of entries selected by @Battlecorals. Best in Class shall be nominated by both Adam and I, and is a special new category added this grow-out to honor reefers who exemplify the traits of patience, technical skill, attention to detail, willingness to share method and madness to further the hobby, and repeatability of methodology.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My official entry for the 2023 Rainbow's Army!

I will not be included in the prizing, but I shall be happily giving you all a run for your money, as well as providing an example of trackable entry each month.

That and I want a piece of Rainbow's Army in that pretty new single frag grow out pico.

May The Odds Ever Be In Your Favor!

Jennifer Lawrence Volunteer GIF

Last edited:

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Count me in for round 1!

And def will be doing the impossible pack sheesh that looks awesome!

Last edited:
OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m 100% in for round 1. And thinking +5 add on.
one question though. Is payment needed very soon or near the shipping date? I went a bit overboard on a live sale today :expressionless-face:
Victimless Crime. Payment will be needed to lock in your spot, and only 50 spots are available in round 1.

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn’t it 125 flat with shipping ? I remember reading this on the thread
That was on my wish list, yes, unfortunately, for the single frag plus entry kit, it has to be 125 plus shipping to make it possible.

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If only there was a winner/place option for fastest to kill it! I'd be on LOCK!!! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

So if we have a battle box on "hold/waiting to ship" is it possible to add this for the 125 straight by chance?

I was thinking of having mine ship this week or next, if ok with Adam, but could wait longer with no issues..

thx for ya'll doing this! Sounds fun!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back