☆☆ - Official 2023 Battlecorals Grow Out Contest Sign Up Thread - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well for better or worse, I got my order placed for the 6 piece upgrade. Weather dependent my new tank should be here next week and then everything transfers over probably about the same time these start shipping out. I’m crossing my fingers here!!

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
1675041969099.jpeg

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang!!! I really wish I could enter this! But I actually got a battlebox about 3 weeks ago and I specifically asked for Rainbow's army, so I already have it. Is it possible to still enter? I've barely had it a few weeks, I'm sure it's a comparable size. Happy to take a pic with a ruler. Let me know!

Boa1277

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At Midnight, January 15th, 2023, I officially invite you all to join the BattleCorals 2023 Grow Out Contest.

First, a correction and an apology on my behalf. Initially, I wanted to make this as accessible as possible to everybody, this included financially. I offered entry plus entry kit at 125 with free shipping. I am sorry to have failed you on that aspect, and though I wished to make it happen even up until my post today, I was unable to make that a possibility. I take responsibility for that, because I was told as near as a week ago this wasn't feasable, and I made no correction. Please accept my humblest of apologies, and thank you to @LOVEROCK who reminded me that I should have come forth on this oversight sooner.

Our current winning selection, by a wide margin, is the Acropora Sarmentosa called Rainbow's Army!

Official Rules

All entry submissions must include a clear photo of the Rainbow's Army frag, next to the included BattleCorals Official Measurement Tool. Entry should also include water parameters of Salinity, Calcium, and Alkalinity, optional parameters of Nitrate, Phosphate, and Magnesium may also be included for completeness.

Entries must be submitted before the end of the month, each month, beginning in April.

Two non-consecutive months may be taken without an entry. If you plan to miss a month, notify me by PM @StatelineReefer by the 15th of that month to avoid the reminder.

I will remind entrants that have not submitted their offical entries by PM on the 21st of the month.

An initial 'Zero' measurement must be registered within 7 days of recieving the frag.

If your frag does not survive the initial 7 days after recieving, please contact Adam @Battlecorals, and pending availability, a replacement will be issued, or your entry will be shifted to the round 2 runner up event, entirely at the discretion of Battlecorals.

Entry Fee is $125.00 USD
Shipping will be $35.00 and includes:

one (1) Rainbow's Army frag.

1673755763803.png
one (1) Custom Ruler for measuring official entries
1673763022011.png

There will probably be more goodies in your box as well, but you can guarantee that with an Add-on package!

All add-ons will include the Rainbow's Army Grow Out Contest Tee-Shirt.

-For just $225 more ($350 total) you can upgrade your entry with an additional 5 corals, for a total of 6, this will ship free!

-For just $325 more ($450 total) you can upgrade your entry to an 8/10 piece battlebox! that's 7 to 9 more frags sent along with your entry frag, also includes free shipping!

And you can contact Adam when you submit your entry for the battlebox I'm calling the Impossible Choices collection, which is one of each of the corals voted on, Houdini, Rainbow's Army, Miss Scarlet, Reading Rainbow Tenuis, Space Laser, SWK Invalida, Greg C Efflo, and Corpse of Helltrollsman Man, an 8 frag pack for 499.00, entry included to either your choice of Round One or Round Two, shipping included, my gratitude included!

Post below to be entered into the contest, and be sure to select Round One or Round Two in your post. Round 1 will be Rainbow's Army, Round 2 will be the second place selected in the poll here:

Adam will send you a link to the special category for this entry.

You may add on any of the unique add-ons to make this an extra special deal.
I would like to join round 1 please
Thanks
Jeff

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to join round 1 please
Thanks
Jeff
Jeff, all slots for round 1 are full, I will put you on the standby list if you wish, in case somebody drops out, and we still have a few slots for round 2.

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey gang, I've got an all day tournament for my son tomorrow and will be out of the office well pretty much all day. lol. Thanks to all who have placed orders so far. I will get to the rest of you Sunday AM for sure.

just wanted to give you a quick heads up. You'll hear from me Sunday for sure.

If we have not heard yet.... ?

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do we avoid paying shipping if we have an order that’s waiting to be shipped?
Send Adam an email I’m sure he’ll sort you out.
Absolutely an Email! I'll also be sure to add that to my notes as well. Adam is not joking when he says there's a lot of things going on right now, and the smoother we can transition to the actual contest portion, the better.

That said, it's announcement time, See below.

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Contest Photo Submission page for Rainbows Army will be going live on February 1st!

Contest Rules, Entry Format, and Qualifications will all be posted in that thread!

Official Entries, except your initial measurement, will not go live until March 31st. This will give everyone plenty of time for their entry frag to settle in, there is no need to rush anything when it comes to growing coral.

IF you need advice on placement, lighting, water quality, or general husbandry, I advise you to take advantage of...

We can go in depth about best possible environment there!

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ordered! Ready to get this started! I threw in an extra battle box along with the 2 contest corals.

-Andrew

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
SPACE LASER!!!!!

Im telling you guys, these things just keep getting better and better. Here's the official laser contest graphic. Thanks again Dennis for you amazing handiwork! Look for this on contest shirts and stickers!

SpaceLaser.png

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPACE LASER!!!!!

Im telling you guys, these things just keep getting better and better. Here's the official laser contest graphic. Thanks again Dennis for you amazing handiwork! Look for this on contest shirts and stickers!

SpaceLaser.png
Can these stick to cars bumpers ?

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super excited about the shippment, i mean grow-out! I really love all design into the logos. Cant wait to get started, i made sure to prep!
Thanks yall.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back