☆☆ - Picture Entry - BC RAINBOW'S ARMY GROW-OUT CONTEST - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the 2023 Grow-Out Contest, featuring Rainbow's Army!

This thread will be used for monthly submissions of your growing frag progress!

A reminder of the rules:
Rule 1: Competition will last for One Year. (365 days from when you submit your initial entry)

Rule 2: The initial submission (baseline) must be measured on the included frag plug, with the official ruler, within 7 days of reciept.

Rule 3: The last submission must be within 365 days of your first official entry.

Rule 4: The provided ruler must be against your frag for every months’ submission photo.

Rule 5: A picture must be submitted by the end of the month, every month.

5.1 Optionally this may be accompanied by Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium, and Salinity readings. You may choose to include Nitrate and Phosphate as well.

When submitting your entry, please @StatelineReefer So that I may note it in my records.

Rule 6: You can remove the coral from the plug and mount it anywhere that you choose. If placed on a disk it can be moved around the tank. I encourage experimentation with placement as no two frags will grow the exact same, and some can be so picky that a half an inch makes a difference between no growth and explosive growth.

7) Adam from @Battlecorals will pick 2 winners to go to a voting process open to the public. A third category has been added this year and will be judged by Adam and I towards the end of the contest.

8) The prizes this year are some of the best we've ever had!

Feel free to PM me or @Battlecorals with any questions regarding the contest.

1675284509519.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag Stands brought to you by @Projects with Sam

Last edited:
OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't realize this was in the rules.
Do you all need me to make that portion optional?

I was under the assumption that everyone tested for the "Big Three" at least once a month to maximize their growth and tune their dosing.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I was under the assumption that everyone tested for the "Big Three" at least once a month to maximize their growth and tune their dosing.
haha I "try" to test "at least" once a month. . . but sometimes I do not succeed. . .

Maybe the contest will inspire me to do better!!!

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a trident and mastertronic so I have lots of testing. Just hadn't seen this as a rule in any of the previous contests so I assumed this was the same as the others. I have no problem sharing, just didn't read the rules so I was surprised haha.

This was questioned on the blood bank grow out thread as well but it's not required and not many people have been doing it.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Probably not a bad idea. To at least make it optional. Maybe as the contest progresses more people will get on board. Maybe..,

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back