☆☆ - Picture Entry - BC RAINBOW'S ARMY GROW-OUT CONTEST - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Jason Hieger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StatelineReefer

Rainbows Army Entry:

I will get a better picture in the coming weeks.

IMG_5852-2.jpg

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleached that quick? Temp issue?
Unknown. The bag was very cold. I should have taken the temp.
Looked good then snow white.
I have had no luck ordering coral online. Not sure why as friends order from BC all the time with no issues.

Floated the bag for 1.5 hrs as it was very cold. It should have had a heat pack but?

Anyway I will move on.

I still want to place a large order from BC, like 1k+ worth but need to rethink it.

Good luck everyone!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have had no luck ordering coral online. Not sure why as friends order from BC all the time with no issues.

Floated the bag for 1.5 hrs as it was very cold. It should have had a heat pack but?

Anyway I will move on.

I still want to place a large order from BC, like 1k+ worth but need to rethink it.

Good luck everyone!
Sorry About the frag. I had issues with a few other single frag orders in that same box Overheating the week prior, Due to heat packs inside that thicker walled Styro. Going to warmer destinations. so the following week , when it was even warmer here, especially on shipments going to warmer places like Florida and California, Az, etc, I opted to leave the heat packs out, and as far as I know, all of them came in just fine. Albeit a little cooler, but in my experience, Sps will tolerate colder temperatures tremendously better than warmer temperatures. Easily handling low 70s to high 60s without issue.

It can be a tough needle thread though shipping this time of year, from cold to warm temperatures and trying to avoid overheating. but as many people know already, and have heard me say this, I will always err on the side of letting Frags get cooler in transit as opposed to risking them overheating. For what it’s worth. 99.9% of the time the frag is better off. Based on your entry pic I’d say the frag traveled ok in this instance as well.

Last edited:

bud_rick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anyway I will move on.

Good luck everyone!
I always have good luck doing a 15 min dip in tank water then straight in the tank. Maybe it's better to get them right out of the cold bag and into the warm water rather than aclimating? Sorry you lost your stick. :crying-face:

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I always have good luck doing a 15 min dip in tank water then straight in the tank. Maybe it's better to get them right out of the cold bag and into the warm water rather than aclimating? Sorry you lost your stick. :crying-face:
Yeah, I totally agree with this. usually in all cases getting that frag out of the bag the sooner the better. Ph is dropping in there and any slime from the coral can serve to contaminate the water even further, it’s not really a healthy Or ideal place really. After 24 hours in transit.

I get wholesale orders and they regularly come in the low 70s the high 60s all the time, and they go right into the dip straight from the bag without incident.

generally speaking the sooner you get that frag out of the bag, and into clean water the better in my experience.

Obdoc63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where do we find the badge to change our avatar?
My two contest frags plus all but one of my added frags all made it perfect, but I'm in Florida.
Tim

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do we find the badge to change our avatar?
My two contest frags plus all but one of my added frags all made it perfect, but I'm in Florida.
Tim
Both badges are posted in the second post in each Grow Out Contest entries page.

Back