☆☆ - Picture Entry - BC RAINBOW'S ARMY GROW-OUT CONTEST - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StatelineReefer
Official entry for February. Not the best photo, I need to clean my glass lol:
Rainbow's Army 2:23.png

Thanks Adam for the great frags!

Alk: 7.7 dKH
Salinity: 1.025 SG
Temp: 77º F

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was thinking today, it would be pretty neat if @Battlecorals grew along with us.. maybe someone can or has surpassed the master lol! I think it would be a nice goalpost to shoot for. Even if its just a quarterly update.
Oh, you guys always do better than me. I’m continually impressed at the growth you guys get on these things!

but I’d be happy to set up a little frag stand, take my fancy pants new ruler and and play along if you guys let me.

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, you guys always do better than me. I’m continually impressed at the growth you guys get on these things!

but I’d be happy to set up a little frag stand, take my fancy pants new ruler and and play along if you guys let me.
One of us
One of us

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

I think this is a great idea personally! See how our growth compares to the original grower of the coral.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I posted my initial frag photo on Feb 7, do we post a new one starting tomorrow or anytime in the month.. or keep with the date of the first?

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I posted my initial frag photo on Feb 7, do we post a new one starting tomorrow or anytime in the month.. or keep with the date of the first?
Any time during the month that you choose.

Of course, later is better because you can show more growth.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any time during the month that you choose.

Of course, later is better because you can show more growth.
My biggest fear is I’m getting great encrusting from a couple weeks ago and it’s looking fantastic… but I’m getting ready by this weekend to move it all into a new upgrade. My test corals are ok but they are not sps.

OP
OP
StatelineReefer

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received yesterday and it survived the night looking great. Official initial entry photo @StatelineReefer .Sorry for dirty glass (fighting dinos)

PXL_20230228_173958583.jpg

Salinity 35.5
Temp 77-78
Alk 8.1
Cal 422
Mag 1483
NO3 8
PO$ 0.03
You too? Just had Ostreopsis crop up in my main display. Let phosphates go south for too long.

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You too? Just had Ostreopsis crop up in my main display. Let phosphates go south for too long.
I got LCA... Dosing silicates has made things look ugly but coral still doing ok luckily and it's slowly improving

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back