1-10v connection to Aquatic Life T5 dimmable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scribz718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked through every option, is it not possible to control the dimming of the T5’s with a Profilux 4?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is. Do you have a P4? There are three 0-10v ports on the back of both the P4 and P4e.

OP
OP
Scribz718

Scribz718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 3 ports? The only one it can fit into is the mitras light bar RJ-45 port.

@porter_painter glad you could be of so much assistance.You say there are several options, I've yet to find said option. If you mean the illumination settings and setting it to be dimmable, doesnt work. Multi-channel? Doesn't work. 1-10v interfaces, it sees the current, but guess what, doesn't work.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 0-10v is RJ11/14, not RJ45. They are the yellow ports on the back.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help. Looks like I might have purchased the wrong adapter cable.
That threw me off initially too in my change over planning, I thought they were just RJ45 from the pictures.

There is an official GHL accessory to wire a 0-10v connection yourself: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/s-port-l-port-breakout-box/

Else, you can try looking for a RJ11 to stereo connector. There should be some available as it's somewhat common for VOIP usage. Or again, PM Dave @AquaticLifeProducts, I'm pretty sure he stated in a post somewhere he at least has the pin out to use, or has made some cables up.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 3 ports? The only one it can fit into is the mitras light bar RJ-45 port.

@porter_painter glad you could be of so much assistance.You say there are several options, I've yet to find said option. If you mean the illumination settings and setting it to be dimmable, doesnt work. Multi-channel? Doesn't work. 1-10v interfaces, it sees the current, but guess what, doesn't work.
If you'd looked though 'every option' as you claim you would have found your answer. In fact, if you'd even looked at the Profilux manual you would have found your answer. I won't assist people that don't even show the smallest of effort to help themselves first...but you should have seen my post as encouragement to keep on (or in fact start) searching ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back