10/22/16 Aqua SD Mega Weekend Update + SALE!!! NEW INDO AND AUSSIE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how much longer you will be able to sustain this type of business, from on-going use of R2R to promote your corals (not that there's nothing wrong with it since you are a "gold" sponsor") and from emails to former/present buyers.
I do admire your business concept and your hard work at promoting your products but I "DO" sincerely hope you start showing actual (WYSIWYG) pictures or at least some brief information on the items so that "US" buyers can place an order with some piece of mind.
My first and last order from you was nothing I'd expected them to be and I do place a lot of auction orders online

Regards
Brian

Hi Brian, thank you for your post. We have been running our weekend update for 2+ years now. It has been going very well for us, thank you.

Here was your order back in August of this year -

19. War Zone – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $10
75. Aussie Jacko – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $30
85. Aussie Pipe – Retail Price$50 SALE PRICE $15
144. Split Colors War Coral – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $10
161. Ultra Button Scoly – Retail Price $100 SALE PRICE $40
208. Rainbow Cyphastrea Large – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $30
271. Toxic Petals Alve – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $15
340. Orange Leptastrea – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $15
349. Premium Maxi Mini Carpet – Retail Price $100 SALE PRICE $30
490. Hot Combo – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $10
532. Super Ric – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $20
596. Deep Sea Eagles – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $10

Out of the 12 pieces you ordered, plus the freebies we sent you, you had an issue with 1 of the item #349 Maxi Mini Carpet $30, which you said it did not identically match the photo. I agreed that the patterns were not identical but the coloration was the same. We gave you you full refund and you kept the piece for free.

If there are other issues we can assist you on, please feel free to email or give us a call.

Yes, we do put a lot of work in these weekly updates with close to 1000 items each time.

I appreciate your order with us, I'm sorry that we are not a good match.

Thank you

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Brian, thank you for your post. We have been running our weekend update for 2+ years now. It has been going very well for us, thank you.

Here was your order back in August of this year -

19. War Zone – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $10
75. Aussie Jacko – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $30
85. Aussie Pipe – Retail Price$50 SALE PRICE $15
144. Split Colors War Coral – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $10
161. Ultra Button Scoly – Retail Price $100 SALE PRICE $40
208. Rainbow Cyphastrea Large – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $30
271. Toxic Petals Alve – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $15
340. Orange Leptastrea – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $15
349. Premium Maxi Mini Carpet – Retail Price $100 SALE PRICE $30
490. Hot Combo – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $10
532. Super Ric – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $20
596. Deep Sea Eagles – Retail Price $50 SALE PRICE $10

Out of the 12 pieces you ordered, plus the freebies we sent you, you had an issue with 1 of the item #349 Maxi Mini Carpet $30, which you said it did not identically match the photo. I agreed that the patterns were not identical but the coloration was the same. We gave you you full refund and you kept the piece for free.

If there are other issues we can assist you on, please feel free to email or give us a call.

Yes, we do put a lot of work in these weekly updates with close to 1000 items each time.

I appreciate your order with us, I'm sorry that we are not a good match.

Thank you
Thanks for the reply. I have only reported 1 item being completely wrong but that doesn't mean others were the exact match.
I believe only 10% of my order was somewhat similar to the pictures.
Anyways, best of luck

Last edited:

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been really busy with work lately so I hardly ever post here these days but here are some pictures I just took to tell you how bad your shipment was...oh and if you look at " a new beginning reefer 350" post of mine, I have the original pictures of all the corals you "supposedly" sold me and honestly only 10% was close to the picture not to mention half of them didn't make it to tell a story. Now on the other hand, topaquatics corals were absolutely the right match and all of them all thriving in my tank
Pictures, really tired from working 14 hrs a day 7 days a week lately

Aussie-Jacko.jpg

Premium-Maxi-Mini-Carpet.jpg

Ultra-Button-Scoly.jpg

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I was asking was for you guys to start posting pictures of the actual pieces you are trying to promote, at least some dimensions if not available from now on.
It's pretty deceiving from the buyers end when something completely different shows up on the shipment

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really sorry that the shipment didn't work out, email or PM me, I'm willing to help out. Do not want you to be this upset to post this on our sale thread where so many of my customers can see. Thank you Brian, you make us want to get better at our business.

The pictures are the items we have in stock. All colonies are WYSIWYG, the frags, we do have duplicates. If you read our first post, you will understand :)

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
by the way, the lepto likes to be in lower lighting, please shade it, seems to be light in color.

and you are right, Top Shelf Aquatic has some awesome stuff, great guys :)

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are really bad pictures, I've been up for more than 29 hrs without sleeping due to work and kinda lazy taking better pictures.
Here is a video I took not too long ago so you can see the corals you sent me

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what your complaining about. I've spent thousands of dollars at AquaSD, went to their shop during Macna, and have always had a good experience. There's NO WHERE else you can get large colonies for such an inexpensive price. Take this last update, big acro colonies for $150, huge lobo's for $100 (which you never see big lobo's anywhere except at AquaSD!), and scolys for $40! Where else can you get a scoly for $40. Will is always going to do his best to make sure you're happy. In your order, you told him of a problem, and he gave you the coral free. You didn't tell him of any other issues so how can you expect him to help resolve them? Will's pretty awesome, but mind reading is probably out of his reach...(at least for now!) If you would have brought up your concerns then, I have no doubt he would have resolved them satisfactorily then as well.

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really sorry that the shipment didn't work out, email or PM me, I'm willing to help out. Do not want you to be this upset to post this on our sale thread where so many of my customers can see. Thank you Brian, you make us want to get better at our business.

The pictures are the items we have in stock. All colonies are WYSIWYG, the frags, we do have duplicates. If you read our first post, you will understand :)
Will, you are a professional with an amazing amount of class. I applaud you. I've known of you since you were just starting out and I was doing tank service on the side and we were both watching boxes being unloaded at PAF trying to get the nicest pieces. You were a gentleman then and you still are now. Now, send me that micro colony for my freebie lol

wakeupdrowzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back in the coral hobby a few week ago, drove 2 hours from west covina to sd, and bought a $700 piece of rainbow acan colony from aqua SD. It was rainbow in color. Then a week later I try to see if they had post pic of the colony so then I can copy and save down for references.

I was surprise to see the pic they had post of this colony, was much less vibrant than it really looks in real life. In real life, it was WAY better looking with more rainbow color to it.

Alot of factor goes into what a coral will look like in anyone individual tank, water quality, lighting and stress.

All I can say is that the piece that I bought looks way better in person than the picture they had post.

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua SD is stand up!

Why not just email or call and give them a chance? Why the need to even come on here posting pics when they are still working with you resolving an issue you may have had?

I've spent 1,000's with Will and he is completely stand up!

Whenever people run to the forums to try to bash me and my business it really makes it hard for me to want to do anything for them. People should really stop being such babies and try to take care of things like an adult via email or phone call first. I mean who here can help them any way but the certain vendor their complaining about?

Will it be resolved sure but IMO this now would make the vendor not want to deal with the customer ever again. In this case imo it's the buyer's issue losing a great vendor as ASD has some of the best deals out their!

Way to go ASD and way to continue the great support for customers!

Last edited:

Adam G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to show my support and say Aqua SD is the best in the business! Ordered 5 more pieces on this latest sale and 12 or so pieces last week. Went to Wills shop while at MACNA and all I can say is wow, you guys have to see this place in person. Picked up a bunch of stuff while there and had him ship it home for me.

Out of 40 or so mostly colonies I have ordered over the last several months all arrived alive and well and as advertised. Buy with confidence guys, Aqua SD is the real deal!

jah4good

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many variables that factor into how corals look in and adjust to your tank. I'm sure you know that. As stated previously the lighting, water quality, placement, flow, and even the kind of glass or acrylic. Nobody has the same conditions from tank to tank. Nobody. They are likely just adjusting to a new home. They are animals after all, they are sensitive. They have to adjust to every move they make. Weather it's from tank to tank or just being moved up on a rock. Maybe the other company's tanks are more similar to your tanks conditions hence your experience with them.

Also, I thought it was pretty unprofessional to post your negative comments publicly and not just sending an email or making a phone call
I've been really busy with work lately so I hardly ever post here these days but here are some pictures I just took to tell you how bad your shipment was...oh and if you look at " a new beginning reefer 350" post of mine, I have the original pictures of all the corals you "supposedly" sold me and honestly only 10% was close to the picture not to mention half of them didn't make it to tell a story. Now on the other hand, topaquatics corals were absolutely the right match and all of them all thriving in my tank
Pictures, really tired from working 14 hrs a day 7 days a week lately

Aussie-Jacko.jpg

Premium-Maxi-Mini-Carpet.jpg

Ultra-Button-Scoly.jpg

buckeye82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get why someone would throw shades at a vendor in a sell thread of theirs let alone one that did not even pertain to an 'issue' they had. There is a vendor feedback forum for a reason along with PM or email. And then to top it off by pumping another chosen vendor [emoji849]

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many variables that factor into how corals look in and adjust to your tank. I'm sure you know that. As stated previously the lighting, water quality, placement, flow, and even the kind of glass or acrylic. Nobody has the same conditions from tank to tank. Nobody. They are likely just adjusting to a new home. They are animals after all, they are sensitive. They have to adjust to every move they make. Weather it's from tank to tank or just being moved up on a rock. Maybe the other company's tanks are more similar to your tanks conditions hence your experience with them.

Also, I thought it was pretty unprofessional to post your negative comments publicly and not just sending an email or making a phone call
Unprofessional? Do you see any negative posts of me "purposely" attacking a vendor from many posts I have participated during the course of being a member of R2R? Please investigate if you'd like.
I just wanted to let it out there and share my experience with my fellow R2R members or other potential buyers of my honest unbiased experience with this vendor

Last edited:

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and for all of those that have been defending this vendor after my post. I have not contacted nor cared about claiming anything since my negative post to the vendor since my last feedback post. I was just trying to share my experience with other members of this community.
You be the judge before placing an order with them and about my system water quality and praising another vendor within this post. Please ask me about furnishing pictures of the before and after if you would like and I will gladly take the time to show you how amazingly all of the corals from "the other vendors" are thriving on my system

Last edited:

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind that corals stress during shipment and proper care is key to making them happy and thrive again. They go through water temp changes, darkness, still water, to water temp change again, dip, and an entire new lighting system, length, and intensity. So it is hard on the corals and if you know how to make them happy again and have the proper water parameters they color back up nicely and get happy again.

I Love the Aqua SD! I have bought a ton of corals from them over the years that I have been in the hobby and I can say 90% of my 180's corals came from them. They are my go to place when I am ready to buy corals for my system. They always send me exactly what I order as well as throw in a few freebies. I only had one coral they could not fill the order on for me and they made sure to call, let me know, and asked if I wanted a substitute.

I buy with confidence from them and still to this day I have never seen a pest in my used dip water after I have dipped my corals. Prices are great as well as quality. I really enjoy the Saturday sales and even if corals are not in my weekend budget I find myself on the Saturday page checking out the corals and getting ideas for pieces that I want to add to my system when the budget allows it. They are a A+ business and I will continue to give them my business for many years to come!

Last edited:

jah4good

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unprofessional? Do you see any negative posts of me "purposely" attacking a vendor from many posts I have participated during the course of being a member of R2R? Please investigate if you'd like.
I just wanted to let it out there and share my experience with my fellow R2R members or other potential buyers of my honest unbiased experience with this vendor
I would rather not spend my time engaging in a negative conversation as it is not in my character and deems quite pointless. I only wanted to state that I never used the word " 'purposely' " so please don't quote something I never said. In addition, I never accused you of attacking the vendor. I simply stated my opinion that the matter could have been handled with a bit more tack. Thank you for trying to help by leaving your opinion, I just want to suggest that perhaps next time you could do so in a slightly less abrasive manner. I can understand how upsetting it is to loose an animal, whether coral or fish. I am sorry to hear of your losses and hope you have better luck going forward

TheReefKeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You be the judge before placing an order with them

Ok will do judged and will be placing an order with the soon again thanks for the feedback lol

I will gladly take the time to show you how amazingly all of the corals from "the other vendors" are thriving on my system

Looks like you have "the other vendor" and he's the bees knees and your new trusted coral supply!

This is not about another vendor!

You missed the whole point here about acclimation and water quality and defend your water quality and such like your a 20 year veteran In the hobby. You did not even listen to any of us about taking this off the forum until it was settled and then report your honest feedback! How do I know this? Because if you had you would understand what 5-6 of us are all saying about ASD reputation and track record and would have never even made this post.

Btw their is a section for feedback it is not in one of their threads.
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/vendor-feedback.18/

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back