10/29/16 Aqua SD Weekend Update and SALE! Hot Acros, LPS and Zoas - TONS OF GOODIES!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15. Inferno Platy Rainbow – Retail Price $100 SALE PRICE $75

I saw this coral :) Really nice,,, But I don't know anything about keeping them,,, can you give me a lesson,,, would hate to buy a coral like this,,, just to lose it :(

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15. Inferno Platy Rainbow – Retail Price $100 SALE PRICE $75

I saw this coral :) Really nice,,, But I don't know anything about keeping them,,, can you give me a lesson,,, would hate to buy a coral like this,,, just to lose it :(

@Braves Fan

I bought one recently and looked into care for it. I have mine placed mid level in the tank (medium light), with medium flow. It does put out long sweepers like many other LPS so I moved him away from other frags. I don't think they play nice, just based on the length of the tentacles. It didn't get any other coral because I noticed it the first night and moved him. It definitely grabs onto food when I feed the other corals. I feed Reef Roids, Oysterfeast and some frozen food with Mysis and bits of clam, etc. Haven't had it long enough to comment on growth, but the color seems to be holding on it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back