10 gal caribsea nano with arches

peted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New reefer here.
I purchased the nano plus 2 nano arch. I have not purchased the tank yet. Figured I would build it backwards. Equipment first, tank last.
I am set on a 10 gal nano cube from either jbj, Waterbox, or innovative marine. I know sizes are slightly different, however went with Waterbox specs. Which is approx 13" tall
I have watched a ton of YouTube videos and ready the forums and such. I didn't intend on using ever piece of rock for the scapes but def using both arches.
These are the two I came up with that I like most.
The island small rock is intended to be a zoa garden, so I would rather not eliminate that piece.

Too crowded, too high, too crazy, not thinking, whatever...all comments welcomed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

peted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New reefer here.
I purchased the nano plus 2 nano arch. I have not purchased the tank yet. Figured I would build it backwards. Equipment first, tank last.
I am set on a 10 gal nano cube from either jbj, Waterbox, or innovative marine. I know sizes are slightly different, however went with Waterbox specs. Which is approx 13" tall
I have watched a won of YouTube videos and ready the forums and such. I didn't intend on using ever piece of rock for the scapes but def using both arches.
These are the two I came up with that I like most.
The island small rock is intended to be a zoa garden, so I would rather not eliminate that piece.

Too crowded, too high, too crazy, not thinking, whatever...all comments welcomed.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason I can't see the first one, but I really like the second one. Has good height....looks natural. My only concern is how close the rock appears to be to the glass. You might have some difficulties keeping the glass clean.

OP
OP
P

peted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Waters, I agree. I was contemplating using a pair of side cutters and taking the closest edges to the glass off a bit if needed when the tank arrives. I did also laid out the tape with the inside edge being about 1/4" closer than the actual specs as well.
Thank you for your feedback!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back