10 gallon stocking ideas (First tank)

CapnWreckz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently cycling my first aquarium, a 10 gallon HOB setup.

Equipment:

AI Prime 16HD
Aquaclear 30 with sponge, carbon and biorocks
Eheim Jager 50w heater
Hydor Koralia 240gph powerhead
10lbs Caribsea Dry Liferock
10lbs Caribsea live sand

I understand that a small tank isn't optimal for a beginner but I have a small apartment, one day I'd definitely like to upgrade. In the meantime I'm planning on doing 25% water changes weekly.

Anyway, I'm making this post to ask for advice regarding stocking the tank once it's done cycling.

Originally I wanted to do an occelaris clown pair and Yellow watchman with a pistol shrimp, but I've been getting varying feedback. Some people say that it will be overcrowded, other people say that it will be fine so long as I keep an eye on the parameters and keep up with regular water changes.

I don't plan on adding them all at once, most likely I would add the clowns first, then later on the goby and shrimp if everything was going well.

Do you think it would be alright as long as I am deligent?

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have a pretty good plan so far. I also agree 10% wc would be sufficient.

Just remember that a pistol shrimp will likely be constantly moving sand in your tank so I wouldn't plan on putting anything on the sand bed you don't want buried. If you keep up with your WCs I see no problem you couldn't keep the two clowns and YWG in there.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back