OP
OP
GoFish

GoFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around what time of the day was this taken? Reason Im asking is because I want to copy your settings of which channels are low or high.

On a side note, could be the colors/white balance corrected through photoshop in this photo?

Photos like that are taken in the evening, very little white light. Maybe around 11pm.... no photoshop colour adjustments. The white balance setting on the camera is key. It honestly looks exactly the same in person. Except I can't get my eyeball that close to the zoas, nor would I want to ;)
2 things to note, I no longer have the same settings as shown in the photo of the current light schedule. Those were lost after doing an update and still can't get it the same. And also, the white balance setting used in that photo was made using a T5 fixture I no longer have.
I use photoshop, but only to resize the images to 800 pixels wide for forums, never any adjustments to balance, colour, saturation, etc...

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned that those settings were very similar to the one that you lost. So how off was it from the one that you liked?

BTW, mine are similar to the one that you posted, though my whites are only 10%. Feels/looks like a freshwater tank when theres too much white. LOL

Anyways, I've been playing around with mine for several days, but I cant find my sweet spot especially after adding a second prime. Ugh!

_MG_4818.jpg

OP
OP
GoFish

GoFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned that those settings were very similar to the one that you lost. So how off was it from the one that you liked?

BTW, mine are similar to the one that you posted, though my whites are only 10%. Feels/looks like a freshwater tank when theres too much white. LOL

Anyways, I've been playing around with mine for several days, but I cant find my sweet spot especially after adding a second prime. Ugh!
Great looking tank!
What camera are you using? And you're trying to get the white balance more accurate or photos to have more pop?
I have no idea what the settings were before, they completely vanished. I've even lost the most recent settings again by accidentally touching the garbage can button on the app. They should really add an undo button! Yeah white isn't very pleasant to look at in comparison, I only have that on to give the corals a bit more spectrum.

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank!
What camera are you using? And you're trying to get the white balance more accurate or photos to have more pop?
I have no idea what the settings were before, they completely vanished. I've even lost the most recent settings again by accidentally touching the garbage can button on the app. They should really add an undo button! Yeah white isn't very pleasant to look at in comparison, I only have that on to give the corals a bit more spectrum.

Thanks.
I'm assuming you haven't updated your firmware yet that's why you don't have the undo button. Hehehe

Also, with the updated firmware, you can save/email/txt your light profile. I highly recommend updating yours.

I don't have issue with the corals in the photo, I can manipulate it in photoshop the way I want it. My problem is the actual colors when looking at the tank. I can't make it look sharp/crisp like it used to (when I had only one prime). The blues are out of wack too :( LOL

Using a 10 year old canon 5d that I got from Craigslist. With a cheap canon 50mm 1.8II. Wish I have at least a good macro lens.

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! So pretty zoas!

Do you have some frags for sale by any chance? :p

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Southern....Canada (Vancouver) o_O. I could ship but not sure how long they might delay it at the border
Vancouver is an awesome place! Just went there this spring. My Brother-in-Law works for Microsoft and lives in Redmond. We made the drive up and and stayed the night.

OP
OP
GoFish

GoFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vancouver is an awesome place! Just went there this spring. My Brother-in-Law works for Microsoft and lives in Redmond. We made the drive up and and stayed the night.
Come say hi next time :)
Not many places in the world where you can ski/snowboard, mountain bike, long board, wake board, fish all in the same day if you're motivated. Oh and wake up on January 21st and not have Trump as your leader (what were people thinking!)

OP
OP
GoFish

GoFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update...
Tank had some issues recently with algae. Had to rebuild both main rocks to get rid of Bryopsis. A short while later installed a fuge light in the back chamber, not sure what i was planning on growing back there but it awoke a bunch of brypsis out of nowhere. It ended up back in the display but this time it was getting bad. Couldnt be any better timing for finding Fluconazole without a prescription. It was getting to be pulling hair out time. Lost a few types of zoas but oh well... Back on the mend and on to more collecting

tXf5ST4.jpg

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a bad one in the bunch, very nice, simply beautiful.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back