10 Piece Frag Packs...$129 Shipped 20 Piece Frag Packs...$200 Shipped... Get in Here!

Discussion in 'Monterey Bay Coral' started by Monterey Bay Coral, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Daltrey

Daltrey Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

They dropped mine off around 11 CST. I was surprised that they made it across the country in less than 24 hours. Even had several brittle stars tagging along. They really look nice under the radion lights. Using acclimation mode now. For the price it was an outstanding deal. Thanks again Monterey Bay Corals.

Monterey Bay Coral and Be102 like this.

2. Be102

Be102 Well-Known Member

Did you dip? Or just are going to qt? I don’t qt... yet went to purchase Bayer to dip.

Monterey Bay Coral likes this.
  3. Monterey Bay Coral

Monterey Bay Coral Active Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Fantastic! Glad they arrived. We always recommend a dip/quarantine for new arrivals as good husbandry practice. We Bayer dip all new arrivals.

Be102 likes this.
  4. Daltrey

I did use bayer to dip. Temp acclimated in the tank for 15 minutes in their bags. Then opened bags and poured all into a container. Added a cup of tank water every 10 minutes for about 30 minutes. Transferred to another container with about 4 cups of tank water and around 8 ounces of bayer and let soak for 15 minutes. Then transferred 3 more times in tank water for around 10 minutes each and used turkey baster to blow off corals each time. Finally into the tank they went.

I will remove them from their frag plugs next week and do one final dip in coral rx. Then glue them onto new frag plugs, wait another week and then into the display tank they go.

A list of what I received

Hammer (I requested, Thank You)
    Red Robin
    Blue Spotted Disco
    Purple Stylo
    Gold Cloves
    Hollywood Stunner
    Special D Favia
    Lava Lamp
    Orange Digo
    Red Moon Cup

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Monterey Bay Coral and Be102 like this.
  5. Be102

Be102 Well-Known Member

Whats the best way to go about removing from the plug? All my frags stay on the original plugs.. I tend to leave them be. Also, what type of heating packs / how many did you receive? I am just trying to really think the best for my corals in transit :/

6. Daltrey

I'm still undecided. I have a pack of frag plugs on the way from BRS with some coral rx. There was one heating pad and it was still warm when I opened the box. It was packed nicely in a small styrofoam box.

Have you still not received it?

Be102 likes this.
  7. Be102

Be102 Well-Known Member

Nope :/ has been sitting in Indianapolis since noon.. coming to the conclusion it will not be here today. Just trying to mentally prepare myself for the delivery tomorrow ( if it makes it). This was a huge letdown from Fedex. Out of the supplier and my hands.. just got to wait it out.. I really hope the coral are not sitting on the back of a truck right now in the cold however... don’t wanna test the longitivity of the heating packs.

8. Monterey Bay Coral

Monterey Bay Coral Active Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Looks like delivery will be tomorrow. We use 2 day heat packs for these types of scenarios. Just update us when you finally receive it and we will have you covered. We do apologize. We have had delays in the past and we are hopeful for 100% survival!

Dsnakes and Be102 like this.